Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

Wasn’t hooked till after the prologue. Side missions and general exploration are also pretty good so far imo.

1 Like

Similar to Witcher 3 in a way getting out of the White Orchard though not before 100% clearing the place due to compulsion to clean up every area. :stuck_out_tongue:
(Aside from perhaps the Skellige seas.)

Or Dragon Age Inquisition where short of time sensitive progression getting out of the Hinterlands region early shows that there’s a bit more to the game.
(Using mods to shorten the super amazing decision of real-time war table operations taking hours or days comes heavily recommended too. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Cleared up Odyssey, next up Immortals which Ubisoft just patched with some nice additions much as having a ultra preset and some of the other bits should probably have been how the game shipped in the first place ha ha.

EDIT: Valhalla, yeah I guess the new trio of Creed games are a little bit similar to one another.

Lots of small little glitches and bugs overall in the game though nothing game breaking or destabilizing at least.
Less so in Fenyx Rising and then there’s Watch_Dogs Legion which still is going to need at least one more update before getting back to it.

Cyberpunk getting updated too, good to see CD Project working on that already should also mean both Steam (1.03) and GOG (1.02) are now up to the same 1.04 build though the version number could be incremental and the content between the two otherwise identical. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Images get a bit jittery or load slowly, might be a browser issue but I removed that embedded media because it got distracting.

OK @Kaldaien I’ve got some logs for you. Cyberpunk crashes with native HDR off and SpecialK HDR on.crash.log (170 Bytes) dxgi_budget.log (3 Bytes) Uploading: game_output.log… modules.log (22.6 KB) SpecialK.log (3.9 MB)

The prepackaged build also did not work. But this isn’t really a problem for me anymore since the game looks OK now with a mismatched black level bringing down the black floor on the native HDR. It doesn’t even look black crushed to me at all, I think they could have just released it like this and there would be very few complaints.

Weren’t native HDR supposed to be enabled in the game? O.o

I can’t find any way to use specialk hdr on top of the native HDR without compromising the image.

1080 Ti users should keep away from Nvidia’s god damn Cyberpunk 2077 Game Ready Driver:

New Issues:

[1080 Ti]: Monitor may show corruption/flicker after driver update [3200599]

Worst case scenario, like what happens for me, is that the screen goes completely grey and the system needs to be reset.

The forum thread for the driver is filled with 1080 Ti users reporting the same issue.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/417924/geforce-46079-game-ready-driver-feedback-thread-re/

1 Like

It was causing shadows to flicker in WoW for me on my 2080 Ti. I had to rollback my driver to the previous one.

I’ve had zero issues so far with the 1080 ti and latest drivers. Maybe i just got lucky?

I’m surprised i’m even into this. I struggled to get into Witcher 3, even after 40 hours of playtime.

I tried using SK to modify the game’s HDR like Kaldaien said, it didn’t fix raised black level.

My current workaround on OLED is to change the TV’s brightness setting from 50 down to 42, which controls the internal black level. I probably am losing some near black detail, but it looks good overall.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s something CD Project will look into for future patches and having more time to check up on reported issues.

SpecialK and D3D12 development could help once Kaldaien gets further with the 0.11.1.0 release for SpecialK but it sounds like the game is problematic in some not yet entirely known fashion on some systems going by the posts so far plus the HDR implementation and overrides which I was assuming you’d have to disable the game one and utilize SpecialK but apparently that’s not how it should be.

Interesting update for the known issues there on the new driver branch too, sounds like a hotfix driver is going to be a thing because that’s a bunch of regressions and one more severe API issue I believe plus that 1080Ti GPU problem that’s really bad.

And as to Witcher 3 and getting into that yeah the gameplay mechanics don’t quite agree with a lot of players and the writing doesn’t carry the experience on it’s own it might be a very well received and popular game but it has a lot of divisive opinions and criticism too some of it really deserved too.

Curious to see if they’ll do more for the re-release ray-trace edition but I expect D3D12 and a performance uplift though negated if enabling said RTX or rather ray tracing effects although DLSS is likely to show up as well.
(Well I do expect modding to pretty much break if they’ve shifted it over to RED Engine V4 or made additional overhauls on V3 but without a full engine upgrade.)

I settled on putting peak to 1000nits, 1.5 tone curve and using reshade levels adjustment to 2 on blacks, 3 looks best most of the time apart from dark scenes where it’s just pitch black, you drop it down to 2 and it’s the best middle ground.

So disappointed with Cp2077

In the surface it looks goods but it`s broken. Main quests are fine, but demo gameplay lie about the “alive” city

The Vanishing of NPC’s

Heh, I don’t get that bug. In every area so far its pretty much alive and full of ppl.

Regarding those issues, launch the game directly from Cyberpunk2077.exe, with an appropriate AppID text file.

The launcher is causing most of these problems. The process tree contains a hidden console window that steals input focus. It’s a nasty design and the reason I hate launchers.

SK_Cyberpunk2077.7z (7.6 MB)

That’s my suggestion. I haven’t tested the GOG version, because I’m not made of money :stuck_out_tongue: One copy of the game is enough for me, heh.

Doesn’t work with GOG version direct exe launch unless HDR is enabled in game

Works fine if you want to play in SDR with SK

You’re probably using the wrong HDR mode. It’s setup for scRGB HDR.

Problem is, my displays are all in different rooms with 50-100 ft fiber-optic HDMI connections :slight_smile: I don’t currently have any setup where I can test multi-monitor without walking to a different room, lol.

1 Like

SK Loads fine once HDR is enabled, the issue is that if you turn HDR off in game and use the HDR widget in SK it fails to load

I wanted to see if its possible to map the games SDR to HDR better than the devs with the insane raised black floor