Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

Wut

@Kaldaien hey Im into fallout 4 again and modding. Does the recommended settings still apply for the game? Because Im still getting stutters with these settings

Well this article got interesting about Ubisoft.

Quite a few things going on in Ubisoft about misconduct and whole crazy storm going on.

You want backbuffer to be 4 not 3. Or lower latency down to 4 if using backbuffer of 3.

And also your stutter might be due to using SSD or regular hdd. Known as hitching. Which still happens if an open world game. Normally you can’t get non existent stutter in such games. Due to how assets stream in and such.

I have a question about waitable swapchain.

In HZD, the value of 10 is recommended for Borderless and 66 is for Fullscreen.

But for other games, how do I determine a proper value for waitable swapchain?

While the benefit between waitable swapchain on and off is clear, I can’t really see the differences when I tried using different values.

Could I just leave it at the default value of 15 for other games?

And is there any downside if I use a wrong value? like, would it cause micro-stutters or something else?

Looks like someone hacked the Github and other sites and sources for Retroarch and deleted everything.

Unfortunate, thought it would be much more secure than that as well so hopefully Git has some means to help them restore the content since it sounds like they’ve been trying to reach funding for backup means but hadn’t yet achieved this.

…because you haven’t activated(checkbox near “framerate limit”)the frame limiter? :rofl: :rofl:

Just set it to a non-zero value. Technically it needs to be at least 1 frame of wait time or it doesn’t do anything, 15 ms is usually at least 1 frame, unless your target framerate is < 60 FPS.

1 Like

We’re going to need a new statistic :slight_smile:

Kal can you check your PMs please?

452.06 is coming up for NVIDIA it seems.

Game readiness.

Fixed issues.

Open issues.

EDIT:

???

Static or noise I assume but that’s a fun little mental image.

EDIT:
https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/452.06/452.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/452.06/452.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Through Guru3D as the main page is still not quite up on NVIDIA’s website for these. :slight_smile:

Anyone know any good tips in tweaking HDR in RE2 Remake? gonna try to play game with HDR on. I hear its great when you get proper settings.

AMD 20.8.2
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-8-2

Not much though it supports a few titles.

Microsoft Flight Simulator needs Special K in order to use G-sync. For whatever reason, they use discard bitblt, and fullscreen windowed when you choose fullscreen.

@Kaldaien you gonna check microsoft flight simulator ? seems performance is terrible even with a 2080rtx. lol

The game looks way too good to not be demanding, at least based on Youtube videos i’ve seen. Haven’t tried it out yet.

Yeah going by the Steam screenshots it’s pretty much a start for what to expect for the next generation of hardware and a step up in overall visual fidelity.

EDIT: SteamDB review average is at sub 50% though so I wonder if there was some launch snag.

EDIT: There’s some other really good images too, games rendering part of the entire world and can even simulate real time effects like storms and other weather phenomena so it’s not just the various assets and quality improvements.

Or however one could best describe it, impressive visuals and the simulation data too so no wonder it’s also quite demanding although going by the beta impressions back some week or two ago it should also be fairly scalable. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Game is also something like 150+ GB plus more if you stream the higher quality settings and have the resources to enable everything, probably going to grow like many other sim games too with additional aircraft types maybe user created content and other additions over time.

Seems like the game runs through the Mcrosoft store, and you’re required to download it from there too. Aka the Steam version is just a launcher for the Microsoft version. Your time spent downloading the game is also seemingly factored into play-time, which is really stupid for anyone who wants to refund.

1 Like

The problem I had, with both versions, is that neither wanted to actually start downloading the god damn game for me.

Both just launches the fullscreen launcher and then just stops at 20% whatever it’s loading.

Like, this is the screen I’m permanently stuck on…

https://images.aemony.se/sharex/FlightSimulator_2020-08-18_19-11-00.png

1 Like

30 minutes later and I’m still stuck at that exact screen, at that exact percentage.