Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

Yeah ReShade probably has a ways to go for proper HDR support if that’s added to this, getting there but still a bit more that would be needed and a few of the older shaders might be problematic to get compatible without further changes.

Are you testing games that already support the Dualsense? Or are you using Steam Input API for custom Dualsense support?

The latter is what i’m interested in. If that’s what you’re doing, i think you can add non-Steam applications to Steam for Steam Input API support, but i’m not sure.

Just a heads up, finally got released lord of the rings and The hobbit in 4k HDR. this will be epic

At that awful 48 FPS still? :frowning:

just checked the encode is 23.976

I’m actually for higher frame rate movies :upside_down_face:

@Kaldaien SK just went nuts, tried SK with mirror edge catalyst. And it booted but all widgets where turned ON and unusuable. Gave up adn went back to AC valhalla. Now HDR doesnt works adn it display the wrong colors wtf happened.dxgi.log (26,1 KB)

Having the most annoying issue on my LG CX. I thought I’d mention it here since I know Kaldaien has an LG too. Basically I’ve been using wired headphones connected to my TV since I’ve found the TV actually has a better audio chip than my motherboard. Problem is I started noticing audio being behind the image on the TV. Doing anything to restart the picture like switching modes on the TV or turning it off and on again fixes the AV sync so I thought it was just some HDMI handshake issue when messing around with the HDMI output settings in the NVIDIA control panel, which I was doing a bit of.

When I first got the TV I was using a GTX 970, now I have an RTX 3070 and I’ve noticed the issue again. Except I’ve noticed the audio actually falls out of sync over time! Over an hour it gets just bad enough to be objectively perceptible, about half a second out of sync. This is so infuriating and I have no idea what to do about it other than just buying a USB audio dac, having to have yet another thing hooked up to my PC. I am assuming it’s a bug with the way LG handles the headphone out that applies across all modes, but I don’t see them ever fixing it since it doesn’t seem to be a known issue and is so hard to test for.

I am aiming to do a serious of one hour tests to rule out the problem being VRR, HDR, SpecialK etc. But it since it first happened on my GTX 970 when I wasn’t using any of those things, I don’t think it’ll be any of those. I’ll do a test to make sure if this is happening on the internet tv speaker or just the wired headphone output

Unfortunately I don’t have a console to test on to see if it is somehow a problem with my PC. If anyone has an LG and wants to run a similar sort of test, let me know.

Audio from HDMI has always been out of sync coming from TV for me on my C9, If I PS4 to HDMI to TV and Optical to AV receiver the audio is behind the video

Arc doesnt fix it, haven’t tried headphones but after what you’ve said I imagine it’ll be the same

It’s mad this isn’t a more widely known issue.

Well like I said the audio is perfectly in sync at first. It just falls out of sync as you go. And for some reason that makes it so much more annoying to me.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon got updated to 1.03

Well that’s one way to do it, suppose querying the display resolution or desktop resolution would avoid going for the EDID or maximum or current if using DPI scaling, super sampling or just having a high resolution display rather than capping it though ha ha.

Not much of a patch otherwise but it looks like non-unicode characters continue to be a problem for some games so good to see that fixed and crash fixes though vague as to what actually caused it.

Not sure about the weak thing, thought everything would be weak compared to the Yakuza protagonist considering how over the top these games are. :stuck_out_tongue:

And even then your average “weak” thug takes attacks including firearms with no issue unless the cutscene demands someone actually get more than just winded occasionally maybe a bit dead but even that doesn’t always stick what little I’ve learned from the existing PC ports of the series. :stuck_out_tongue:

20.11.3 AMD
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-11-3

D3D9’s still as busted on RDNA2 that it is on RDNA1 though AMD’s aware of it but has said little more about it.

Well now I’m beyond confused. I ran a bunch of tests today leaving the game running for an hour each time, and found no audio lag with VRR and HDR on individually, only when they’re on together :sob:. I feel like that makes absolutely no sense!

Have you installed the LG software (OSC 5.30 I think) and updated the firmware, if it’s similar to my own LG 27850GL something then the process requires a USB type A into the monitor and it takes forever but it updates the firmware and scalar fixing a lot of various issues.

Think there’s been three or four display updates and I heard there were some issues with some of the newer models and there’s also on and off problems with HDMI 2.1 compatibility on the newest TV’s and displays from what I am gathering mostly from XBox Series S/X and Playstation 5 discussions.

EDIT: If it’s a TV there’s probably a app or setting for updating this, computer display goes via their software and it’s not that good I’d actually recommend removing it after being done with it. :stuck_out_tongue:
(Also if it tries to install or even force a old version of .Net desktop runtime remove that too.)

EDIT: LG could also start to do changelogs for what these firmware updates actually resolve, there’s been nothing at all for some of their updates although occasionally they acknowledge issues and provide a firmware fix so at least that (mostly) confirms the firmware is fixing that issue along with whatever else it does.

EDIT: Yep.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/jvqs9p/cx_4k_vrr_input_lag/

Stuttering, input lag, beta firmware for fixes seems like it could be that. :slight_smile:

Still some reading to do here as to what these do but the first few results shows promise in that this is a firmware level issue at least.

Reddit comment going in a bit more in-depth as to issues and then other comments talking about fixes and then hopefully the video has much the same but in a visual demonstration and more easily explained form.

Wonder why it happens though, was thinking bandwidth but it might just be the VRR implementation needing some tuning.

Strange how it’s specifically also with HDR as the examples I found are more for high refresh rate and resolutions although both would be a bit more bandwidth intensive though that could be nothing.

Samsung had similar issues so it’s not like it’s exclusive to LG at least.

EDIT: Plenty of articles confirming it has problems at least and LG’s working on it. :slight_smile:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising

I haven’t heard anything of this game before, but I am interested in it…

Thanks, but my TV is definitely up to date. I’ve been following the various issues with the TV and never seen any mention of audio slowly falling out of sync, although I did find a thread for a different LG TV (non OLED I think) a few years back that was talking about the same problem. The last update seems to have done a good job because I have no problems with Gsync visually, it’s just the audio lag. I’m considering if it’s a cable issue but I experienced audio lag before with a different cable and GPU, albiet no proof it was happening over time, and VRR shouldn’t effect the bandwidth. On the other hand my cable is technically not HDMI 2.1 Certified as basically none of them are yet, so I don’t know what to think.

Tonight I suppose I’ll play without VRR and tomorrow during my shift at home I’ll run the TV again to see if the results of my tests will duplicate.

Actually first I’m going to try HDR and VRR but with YCBCR 4:2:0 and we’ll see what happens…

1 Like

Ubisoft has kept it pretty low key they had a demo but it was Stadia exclusive I believe and then there’s been a bunch of story and gameplay trailers and cutscenes but yeah it’s a lower marketed title than some of their others.

I genuinely liked the Ubi Art tier of games and review scores are around 8/9 of 10 on average although I don’t give too much for some of these earlier reviews in fact the more critical 3 / 4 of 10 ones can be a bit better at pointing out flaws or criticism but it’s something as is the user feedback on those who bought console copies and received these early. :slight_smile:

EDIT:

Or
https://www.gematsu.com/tag/immortals-fenyx-rising

Called Gods & Monsters initially too adding a bit more to the confusion for those who just now hear about Fenyx Rising a few days before it’s launch. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Suppose there’s also the art style and it getting compared to the recent Hades as well although one’s more rogue-lite and this is a open world design with similarities to Breath of the Wild.

Another one I need to pick up at some point. :smiley:

• less marketed title
  • still asking 60 bucks for it

I… am interested in it, but… the asking price is a bit ridiculous…

Need to check but I wonder if Valhalla or Legion had the usual one-month later deep discount.
Was expecting a lower price tier around 40 - 50 in fact although this is handled by Ubisoft Montreal who were behind Assassin’s Creed Origins but it’s kinda weird how they’ve had less of a presence for this game if it’s going to be treated as a bigger title from one of the premier Ubisoft studios plus full priced as well.

Was much easier when Ubisoft was on Steam and the retail pricing could be much more flexible, 30 - 40% discounts as a regular thing but at least like EA they’re very fond of quick post-launch price cuts and seeing how Valhalla and especially Watch_Dogs Legion turned out it might be better to wait a while and see how the game is before deciding and maybe taking advantage of a discount price as well if they’re going with that strategy still. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Yep, combined with a Black Friday / Black Week discount for both Valhalla and Legion more so for the physical console editions being down to nearly 30$ already but as expected then.

Plus the 20% off if you expend 100 of those Ubisoft points I think that’s still the deal there, things have a expiration date and the in-game unlocks aren’t too impressive but they’ve certainly made those far costlier. (From 20 points or so at 100 for some small in-game rewards.)