Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

So the game boots up FS Exclusive right off the bat even though setting is set to windowed or borderless mode? And memory leaks damn. Not good. lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Mantis-GeForce-Windows-Desktop-Computer/dp/B08J8D5RN6/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=CUK+5950x&qid=1605975842&s=electronics&sr=1-2

Looks like Cuking is the only way to get a 5950x :slight_smile:

Oh… better alternative to cuckolding,

On OLEDS though which has proper SRGB limiting using factory 3DLUT is probably good enough for most people, when I measured mine it hit 93% sRGB in the auto mode.

93%? That doesn’t seem right.

Where were the deficiencies? Red or Blue? I can’t imagine Green would be much of a problem.

Gah, it takes damn forever to move even parts of a massive Steam Guide over and reformat it to the wiki!
:sob:

Anyway, this was I touched upon earlier – separate (and sometimes cut down) copies of the various original guides for the various game-specific games that we can use to collect information both about the older versions (if applicable) as well as newer versions (e.g. HDR / flip model presentation for NieR: Automata).

2 Likes

93-94% sRGB is normal with the stock factory 3DLUT when in auto gamut in SDR, LG doesn’t individually calibrate the various 3DLUT’s per display.

I can’t really remember what colors where deficient in auto mode, i didn’t save the results, but it’s probably blue/red.

BTW, do you know if there’s any way to include the contents of another Wiki page in the body of one?

That can be done on MediaWiki, and it would be useful here. I am writing a section on Flip Model for the framerate limiter, and it is kind of appropriate for several different discussions.

Planned since 2018, but doesn’t seem implemented yet… Your best bet is, if possible, have it on a more generic page and then link to that page and section from the other pages.

Interesting, barely made it trough the intro though before waiting a bit to clear up some other titles so the game has been going through the usual lengthy cutscenes to establish things.

Wonder what causes it to hitch though hmm suppose I’ll find out and how bad it actually is once further into the actual game not just barely past learning to fight like a Dragon…Quest. :stuck_out_tongue:

Less sensitive to motion sickness and such other than chromatic aberration makes me think I need ocular cybernetics ha ha.

Sigh would really like to know what this engine is doing and why it keeps happening think it’d be a bit like Monster Hunter World somewhat like a learning experience but actually learning, improving and getting better.
(To some extent but the newer Dragon Engine titles seem to have a lot of flaws with the PC port.)

Support for UWP and just going with the Game Pass and X everywhere too pretty good ideas and amount of content for what you do pay though unlike on PC being the main console corporation for XBox something like that can actually be enforced plus they’d have the money to get it working for all the various other publishers and all that’s part for the system.

EDIT: Wonder if this is one of those that just works better if capped to 30 FPS or something, granted a low framerate can be sub-optimal even if it’s non-fluctuating especially if used to 60 or 120 or even higher.

Probably should get rid of that Flip Model Compatibility section and move it to a blog or something if I ever get around to organizing that. It’s kind of out of place, but it’s info I want other developers to see.

2 Likes

It’s a shame the wiki don’t seem to support some form of feeds. If it did, you could’ve used it for blog-style pages and merely tagged them as “blog” or something, and users would’ve been able to find them through e.g. Tags | Special K - The Official Wiki

Though technically you still could use it for blog-style pages – users just wouldn’t be able to subscribe to a feed or some form. Throw “blog-style” pages under the Blog “virtual folder” concept and tag them with a “blog” tag, then we could set up a page called Blog that directed users to Tags | Special K - The Official Wiki, and they would get to a page filled with all blog-style pages you had written.

Proof of concept of what I mean:

Edit: I’m stupid… I’ve pointed the Blog (POC) link in the menu directly to /t/blog?sort=createdat&dir=desc, so basically users can click on that one to immediately be taken to the blog posts (sorted by creation date descending).

That’s interesting…

Could actually be practical, in fact. All the necessary stuff to write a technical blog basically exists in Wiki.js :slight_smile: There’s even diagramming metalanguages, LaTeX and support for embedding arbitrary images.

lol, I was banned from ResetEra for calling a cow an overgrown rodent :slight_smile:

Apparently that’s culturally insensitive. I wasn’t aware there were any cows in the forum. Or maybe it was insensitive to mice? I’m not sure. I guess one could stretch it, there are a lot of mice connected the forum.

2 Likes

Soo i just purchased Hades, and it is a ton of fun. I recommend it to anyone looking for something to play.

It also works with Special K HDR, but requires flip model and borderless mode to work. Weirdly, there’s stutter that i can’t seem to resolve when using flip model, i’ve mitigated it by pushing the backbuffer count, of which i can seemingly keep pushing forever. I went up to 11, but found the point of diminishing returns to be around 7 or 8 backbuffers. I need to double check if this stutter occurs regardless of Special K, but the more serious stutter that persists with the default SK settings is really noticeable, though the frame pacing widget claims it’s a perfect 60.

Edit: Yeah no stuttering without Special K, it’s a weird one. I’ve tested the game’s default v-sync in both borderless and fullscreen mode.

1 Like

Set Undershoot in the Framepacing debug widget to 10%, set SwapWaitFract to .8 and SwapWaitRatio to .8 by right-clicking the Waitable Swapchain checkbox.

Tomorrow, I’m going to build a D3D12 Debug Layer and finish D3D12 support once and for all :slight_smile: I keep getting so close, but I need some custom debug layer monitoring to figure out WTF I’m missing.

Hopefully D3D12 SK UI will be a thing by the end of next week.

2 Likes

I’m confused? I don’t see these options

Cause you’re running a version straight out of the stoneage. Use 0.11.1

Updated and changed the swapchain settings, but not seeing an undershoot option. I enabled frame limiter debug and saved, thinking that would be needed.

Edit: Nvm just realized I can scroll through the widget.

1 Like