Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

Ooh.
(Taken from the Guru3D forums.)

If the UK can’t be supplied what’s the state for the rest of the EU other than maybe Germany?

Tomorrow will be…interesting.

Someone cn provide me the special k 1.0.10.45 is for the AC Syndicate and I don´t be aable to find this version in the web, thanks. I had see that this version works well in pc wiki games.

A completely empty Wiki, yay :stuck_out_tongue:

Need to borrow / steal the wiki article from PCGamingWiki and move it here … or something, cause that was a lot of work getting that set up and there’s no content :slight_smile:

OCUK have lied before, their handling of the 3000 series launch still is terrible. I didn’t expect much stock at all but I stopped believing anything OCUK say anymore.

1 Like

lol, that didn’t turn out the way I thought it would…

https://wiki.special-k.info/index.php/Special_K

I exported / imported the Wiki article, but my Wiki’s too stupid to understand even a quarter of that article.

I’ve heard things and I know their pricing can be terrible but I would expect saying there’s no stock at all to have some truth to it because you’re killing your own sales if it’s not your retail store or chain that are getting these GPU’s or just part of them so yeah they could be lying about it and they very well might be but that seems like a terrible business move and that rep might be getting replaced if so.

Should see tomorrow, I expect some quantity but knowing how the Ryzen 5000’s entirely disappeared and the stocking issues with the 3080’s especially I am not expecting anything much although maybe having time to see some of the stock before it’s all sold out this time. :smiley:

Undoubtedly more social media pictures and reselling via trading sites or auctions and what not will follow, annoying but not surprising especially since it seems to work incredibly well with the demand on hardware now.

Seems I struggled with building my new media table at the worst timing :laughing:

Ah… eh… I don’t really think MediaWiki is the most appropriate one. It works for more general stuff, but honestly it sucks in regards to providing a cohesive whole. Navigation especially sucks ass, as admins have to rely on custom /everything/ to even tie different pages together in a good way.

Wiki.js looked like it provided a good cohesive core that was more focused than MediaWiki’s base. The one major downside with Wiki.js at a glance was how they had multiple editors (like over 5) and pages were “locked” to a single editor after creation.

Yeah, the SK page on PCGW makes heavily use of various custom templates that resides below the “Template:” namespace. For example, all instructions are built with the “Template:Fixbox” page (or “template” as they’re known in the MediaWiki world). You would have to copy/paste that whole page (and all other it might depend on) over to even get the correct parsed page. And then you’d have to copy/paste CSS styles over as well…

:expressionless:

The problem with Wiki.js, is I need formatting for code blocks and it doesn’t support that :-\

A lot of the Wiki pages I intend to write are going to include snippets of INI files and command console stuff, and it’s critical that code block formatting exist.

I sorta missed the shot in seeing what the end result became, but it probably depended on what editor of whatever page you set up made use of:

If it was the WYSIWYG editor that you tried using and ended up sucking then I’d highly recommend trying out the Markdown editor. Making use of that editor would allow us to, for the most part, move post and information between Discourse and Wiki.js at will since both supports Markdown.

Ah, the Markdown editor supports codeblocks:

function lorem (ipsum) {
    const dolor = 'consectetur adipiscing elit'
}

and whatnot.

Ugh, I hate Markdown more than just about anything, because it’s never accurately parsed by anything that uses it… but I guess it’s a necessary evil.

I’ve got years of release notes on GitHub that are unreadable because GitHub’s crappy Markdown parser has changed dozens of times. At that point, I really became disgusted with the whole thing and vowed never to use it again :stuck_out_tongue:

I can imagine. Wiki.js’s Markdown supports the CommonMark spec as well as GitHub Flavored Markdown spec so… eh… :laughing:

But in terms of making full use of Wiki.js, the Markdown editor definitely seems to be the primary focus.

To get something even similar in MediaWiki we would have to build a ton of custom templates and possibly custom JavaScript as well just to get the same core, and then we’d still have to struggle with the navigation aspect (something, to be honest, PCGW still struggles with today).

Okay… you sold me back on Wiki.js :wink:

Digital Ocean’s going to think I’m crazy the number of droplets I have created and destroyed today, lol.

So many, in fact, that DNS has like 3 hours to go before anyone sees the right machine when they go to wiki.special-k.info

http://134.209.216.109/

1 Like

@GPUnity: I don’t suppose you have a .svg version of the Special K logo? :stuck_out_tongue: The Wiki supports .svg logos, feels like a waste not to use one.

On another note, with iPad OS nowadays having Bluetooth controller support as well as support for keyboard and mouse, I might actually start actively playing much more on my iPad Pro.

And seeing how both Steam Link and Rainway supports the platform, and Rainway has mouse + keyboard support, that’s just icing on the cake! :smiley:

@Kaldaien, can you open for registrations on Wiki.js ? :laughing:

What size?
(Extra characters needed)

SVG is technically of no size, which is its benefit. A rasterized SVG isn’t much better than JPG/PNG :smiley:

Is there such a thing as a rasterized scalable vector graphic? That’s an oxymoron if ever there were one.