Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

Thanks Holydeath3000 i Will try where i can.

Just make sure for 32 bit games you use correct dll files and rename them. Also some games don’t like this method but this is how usually ReShade usually boots up with SK in cooperation. :wink:

SK dll should be named same as the games API in use. For DX9 game it would be d3d9.dll :slight_smile:

1 Like

Plus is for Ubisoft+ subscribers. Almost every Ubisoft game have that additional exe.

Plus is for UPlay Plus the subscription version, wish they’d just unlock the licenses for the games in the client and not add extra files but at least for SpecialK there’s compatibility for both the standard and the plus version once the other settings are accounted for. :smiley:

Will be interesting to see if ReShade 5.0 or something could also expand into HDR support but that must be really tough to convert for some of the older 8-bit only shader effects and what not so it’s not an easy conversion especially with compatibility and such in mind much as 4.0+ has re-arranged some of that over time.

Interesting to hear that Ubisoft’s studios are doing the full gamut of HDR too for whatever reason going on here that gets NVAPI/AMD ADL or AGS whatever plugins and these use Windows HDR10 and all sorts of stuff even as the underlying game engines are modernized and more legacy and backwards compatibility bits are slowly phased out or dropped.

Plus whatever else is going on here with Anvil Next, Disrupt, Dunia and others. :smiley:
And the rapid release cycle with Far Cry 6 in a few months, would have been earlier but I guess someone figured three or four service models games on top of the entire everything else for 2020 holidays and the new console platforms might be pushing it to where less known franchises will just fall short entirely.

Phoenix : Immortals Rising too come to think of it as a bit of a new thing.
Going by the state of these titles on launch a few more months and spreading it out might have been well enough plus focus on UPlay Plus and such but then there’s the new consoles so the holiday sales and having that readied is probably a tough criteria too that must be met.

Plus one can’t quite drop XBox One and PS4 and the massive established player base either so this first or second year is going to be rough for some studios trying to hit the full range of consoles.
(Like the Cyberpunk 2077 delays because the current-gen builds just can’t quite work well enough reportedly.)

Well I am gonna have a few busy weeks now since I have both Yakuza Like A Dragon and AC Valhalla lol. And I am tempted to pre-order Cyberpunk but only reason I held off b/c I am wondering if there is gonna be a Season Pass added or something.

Edit:
I just caved and Pre-ordered Cyberpunk lol. Gonna be a decent Christmas Gift if it releases on time rofl.

Probably, hoping they can get close to the amount of content offered for the price paid in what Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine did for Witcher 3 one heavy story focused and the other in addition also offering a full new area will be interesting to see what’s going to happen this time. :slight_smile:

Also while there’s probably all sorts of problems shader toggling for D3D12 woulbe really handy, getting some effects like vignette and what not disabled or on a toggle is very nice to have.

Valhalla is working pretty well with SpecialK so far though, some fiddling until it turned out that yeah D3D11=True or it kinda hangs on start for whatever the reason but then it’s stable and working well as some odd player is stumbling around finding all the forced invisible walls set up because “But thou must!” for the prologue and where you can go and what stuff you can see marked on the map but nope can’t go there. :stuck_out_tongue:

At least the landscape is nice even if there’s a ton of snow and all plus the mountains and limited waterways really slow down exploration.
(The one area in this franchise where a bunch of craftsmen didn’t plop down a hundred odd towers with convenient if a bit mysterious teleportation between them.)

EDIT: Other stuff is a priority though, lots of HDR updates coming in with 0.11.x.0 after all and then everything else that would need to be resolved first for the next part of D3D12 support before all the advanced extras. :smiley:

EDIT: Looks like the game loves to default helmets to hidden too for whatever reason and changing to female Eivor for the load screens. Well as long as it’s not any major errors I suppose…
(Like that save corrupting issue in Watch_Dogs Legion yeah it probably needed a bit more time in development there hah.)

Interesting I am actually playing Female Char this time around since I feel like in previous AC game the female was best one to play as. Much more fun and such. I should point out Eiver literally can look like spitting image of Alloy from HZD. If you go to barber and get red hair lol.

I tried to use he skecial k but the game start and i hear a noise and the game closes.

Yeah you can also try doing global mode instead and have reshade installed normally as well if game crashes. By the way which game is crashing? I did point out some games do not work with reshade and SK together like WDL.

AC valhalla.

Hmm do you have the exact cofig file and dll file that Kaldaien posted? Steam version or Ubisoft one?

I am gonna be leaving in like 2 minutes due to work.

Make sure the correct dlls are labled correctly too. And that when installed ReShade you didn’t overwrite SK’s dll lol.

Edit: Sorry gotta go. I will be out now for a bit. Maybe someone else can help from here.

Yes the dxgi.dll from special k and the Reshade64.dll. Uplay edition. The game opnen an load the reshade but when may start the video have a sound and closes.

Uh, in the middle of a hurricane? :slight_smile: Glad I work from home.

If i use only the special k without the reshade i have a chrash and a message from ubisoft connect that the game have crashed.

Probably RTSS or some other overlay or something interfering. I cannot do much just by guessing, I’ll need to see your log files.

Make sure to use one of the newer 64-bit SpecialK64.dll files too dated November 9th I think or later for compatibility with the game just to cover that too.

EDIT: For ReShade I use D3D12.dll for ReShade 64-bit version 4.8.2 and SpecialK gets to be DXGI.dll
Config file wise I haven’t set up anything too fancy worked from the posted ini file Kaldaien put up with that .dll for the game as a start although I initially had D3D11=false in the API section and it just caused everything to hang initially until set to true usually it’s D3D12 or D3D11 in this case it was both that needed to be active. :smiley:

Haven’t tested waitable swap chain support or the ratio option for the framerate limiter though I see that one is at 0.0 in the config file so that’s probably for a good reason.
(Default of 0.8 or something I think otherwise?)

I have the ubi layer and the msi afterburner disabled, if i use only the reshade (4.8.2) the game works fine. I want to use the the special k for try to solve the stuttering in cutscened i engine game.

Mostly the reason for that is because I can’t tune this stuff in-game, so I just pushed that setting to its limit rather than re-run the benchmark dozens of times :stuck_out_tongue: There’s no real harm, probably no real benefit either, but I’m blind without my overlay giving me information in real-time.

BTW, here… have an update :slight_smile:

SK_ACV.7z (7.5 MB)

+ Fixed Background Rendering Mode in many games

>> "Continue Rendering" + "Mute in Background" remains non-functional.

+ Added VRAM Usage to HDR Remastering Checkbox Tooltips
+ Added the same Yakuza reference counting fixes needed to keep 0, Kiwami 1 and
    Kiwami 2 from crashing to Like a Dragon -- somebody fix the damn engine (!!)

+ Added button to Reset HDR Presets to HDR widget

>> Later versions will add buttons to import and export presets from previously
      configured games

+ Fixed widget slider / dropdown behavior so that it blocks mouse input to game

Virtually none of that has anything to do with this game, but I did make a minor change to waitable swapchain behavior to fix stuttering in Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

1 Like

I have the problem with the special k no with the reshade. Maybe i need put a argument in the exe for compability with special k

Hmm what else could there be, assuming there’s nothing in logs\modules.log for RTSS or Riva Tuner then that’s not running in the background and the game should be compatible.

Modules.log has the running software and what’s also active and interacting with the process so it’s a good start for troubleshooting if it’s third party software related but my own technical knowledge of SpecialK is lacking and then all these game and third party possible issues can make it very difficult for what to start with.