Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

I have added a new header to the top of the site,

Download
Tutorials (Steam guides)
Source Code

The source code for the latest version of Special K is not up, I am getting cryptic errors from Git every time I try to sync. the repo and don’t feel like debugging the stupid thing.

I can provide src on request in the meantime.

Wut? @Kaldaien

I changed the header so that Download will always be visible even when scrolling. I found it mighty confusing to not have an easily-accessible download link while in the middle or bottom of a thread.

Hmm, okay…

My rationale for doing the original way was that if someone’s scrolled deep into a thread, they probably already have it downloaded :slight_smile:

Not visible for me

You have to hit refresh before that setting takes effect.

I did that before and it didn’t work. I do it again now and it does? :stuck_out_tongue:

Caching. Hit Ctrl+F5.

Mhm, makes sense up until you realize how many newcomers post in an ongoing thread, which would hide the link for them :smiley:

Believe it or not, RTSS is the cause of that :slight_smile:

Part of the reason I didn’t want to go native D3D12.

Hmm idk if this is a stupid title. I feel like there’s a right title out there that will improve click-rate

That folder (and the SysFiles in the main install folder) only seems to carry specific pre-cached logos or whatever – probably used for the front page of the store.

I am… uh… worried that the covers are stored in its general CEF webcache below, which houses hundreds of images:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\webcache\Cache

At which point you’d basically have to use SQLite to read the Chromium database and locate the proper location of it… :expressionless:

You could try “Maximize your CPU cores” or some stupid thing like that. In a way, I’m glad to be away from Steam, the utility software for sale on that store is preying on people who don’t know any better :-\

Oh yeah i forgot that command. I wasn’t being sarcastic btw, it was fixed once Kal told me to reload, was just confused as to why.

Cause I’m Special. It says it at the top of every page on this site.

You’re telling me, i only just found out the meaning behind the title?

Hmm which title would get more clicks

Youtube analytics are such an interesting thing.

considering all top trending videos have titles and descriptions that sound like a poorly functioning AI typed them [or 5 year old] its probably best not to ponder about YT analytics

Top trending videos are often from Youtubers with millions of subscribers, or news outlets over here. Generally speaking, top channels do a good job of thumbnails, which is mostly what they rely on. I’m not in that field though, my goal here is to just push up the click-rate percentage, using both title and thumbnail.

Basically this

The original trailer went up after changing the thumbnail and title, i had many potential viewers who missed out because the video didn’t look interesting to them. The more likely people are to watch it, the more Youtube will recommend the video to others, and the more views you get. My source for this being experience from past videos and understanding why certain videos i uploaded were more popular than others.

Extremely popular Youtubers can care less because their videos get recommended anyway, what with their guaranteed hits from subscribers pushing them into the recommended pages everywhere.

Also Kal imma use the word “injector” for the video just so my subscribers understand what’s going on, they were confused last time until i brought up that one word :wink: