Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

I still have a lot of compatibility issues with RDR2. I would skip it for now, what little support I did have for Vulkan seems to have broken recently.

I’ve been trying to get Doom Eternal and RDR2 working reliably, but Special K cannot be allowed to inject into those games when they first startup or things break. I need more Vulkan games to test using, but … they don’t exist :slight_smile:

Vulkan games? try Strange brigade. pretty under the radar but its nice

I should clarify – Vulkan games that support HDR. I think I own all 2 of them ever created :slight_smile:

oh thats hard then, sad.jpg. RDR2 runs pretty good, but HDR is pretty underwhelming. and without it I get huge color banding

Serious Sam 4 launched today, not sure if it has HDR though but Fusion the compilation of earlier games on the newer engine (Though not the newest found in this game.) had just about most current API’s supported.

EDIT: Vulkan and D3D12 (And D3D11) HDR was answered with a yes in a dev QA session but I have no idea if that made it in.

EDIT: Bunch of settings made it in but I can’t see anything on HDR. Seems like a nope for support here. For now. (?)

Rage 2 is a Vulkan Game as well btw. I use Vulkan in that game but its kinda buggy itself the game I mean.

No Man Sky is now Vulkan as well.

Serious Sam 4 is out? Awesome :slight_smile:

Yeah since earlier today, some jank but Croteam has some really good developers and support tends to be fantastic.

And tomorrow’s the release of Mafia 1’s remake which I expect will be Mafia 3 with the Mafia 1 story and some tweaks. Probably D3D11 there though.

EDIT: Going by the Fusion engine the Serious engine itself might have some HDR support but it could just be the post-process type.

That reminds me I need to see if my Steam key has arrived in my email from Green Man Gaming for that game.

If it’s anything like Croteam’s other games, there’s some awful DRM under the hood that will prevent Special K from working :frowning: Such a shame, I love their games, but their license manager sucks.

Makes me want to …

There’s usually a unrestricted secondary exe but yeah they had some interesting things in the game.

Serious Sam 3 spawns a pink immortal scorpion to hunt players down that don’t have a valid game license.

Sadly the in-game stuff like that or the eyepatch that Remedy used in some of their games doesn’t mean there might not be other stuff to prevent third party programs or other stuff with the game.

@Kaldaien just remember no man sky is vulkan and HDR

And RAGE 2 as well. Oh did NMS add HDR too? I didn’t know that. I mentioned both games :wink:

No Man’s Sky also got another significant update further improving the procedural generation system, 3.0 but I forgot it’s name already. Origins?

EDIT: Uses Vulkan too now since a while back so no more waiting forever on OpenGL shader compilation.
(Well it still does it but I think it’s a bit faster now. :stuck_out_tongue: )

EDIT:

I own the game and it updates quite frequently. Just like to use specific mod overhaul. Might have to try it without the mod though.

I had to actually ask a dev on Serious Sam Fusion about that “unrestricted” version. It’s unrestricted in the sense that it allows workshop mods, it is still locked down to the point where its license manger sees Special K’s changes to memory and the game promptly decides I am trying to pirate it (lol).

I sure have the weirdest luck with DRM. Denuvo’s never created problems for me, but this roll-your-own-DRM from Croteam hates me.

1 Like

Wow 15% faster than 3080 for double the price! What a bargain /s

Just out of curiosity I know when they switched over to Vulkan it dropped performance quite a bit even on my RX 5700 XT card. Did that fix that in latest update? And I know they screwed over quality of proceedural rendering and not rending decent stuff b/c it was much lower quality than OpenGL version of game. Though if what you say is true the latest major update in branch, then hopefully they really did fix it.

@Aemony
Do you use reshade in Watch Dogs 2? I know specific AA settings caused ReShade to have some major issues. I believe it was the TAA one or TXAA one. Can’t remember which setting it was.

Do you use that in Steam Launcher or Create shortcut and put it there?