Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

Wouldn’t users just buy it on Origin since you’d still need the EA Origin client anyway?
It’s nice that they are bringing it over but it needs to be synced up a bit more.

Would expect this is also how Ubisoft will return to Steam in the not too distant future with their Ubisoft Plus model though aside from a handful of newer releases most of their works should already be mostly well integrated into Steam.
(Though same as EA and Origin there’s limited updates on older titles so earlier variants of Orbit and whatever Origin’s API is called might have some limits and also older Steam API .dll versions and features.)

Will be interesting to see what Microsoft does with GamePass PC too I like the current version though it’s obviously a test and way to attract users since you give that 1 US Dollar / Euro (~10 SEK.) and then finish the game before the monthly period is up and can immediately refund and re-use it whenever some other game of interest comes out. :stuck_out_tongue:
(Or don’t refund the 1$ and retain the remaining time testing some other titles too.)

Will be interesting to see how that changes plus Microsoft syncing more of their upcoming games across both PC and XBox with some exceptions I’d assume but more parity going forward now.
Plus actual pricing tiers for this and potential variants for access levels or the full editions like EA’s and Ubisoft’s premium subscriptions.

EDIT: Actually that’s dumb it’s the same linked account in there so it should sync across both services when you buy EA Access although having users buy two subscriptions might be a bit more of a publisher/investor idea on this and how that’d work out.

~Now throw the rest of EA/Ubi backend into the Steam code of all the subfolders ever and get the double client requirement out entirely while at it. :stuck_out_tongue: ← Not like it should be impossible to sync the user data through the account anyway.

But that’d require patching old code and anything like six months or so is way past best before date unless it’s on the “Make me money!” program or GAAS as it’s called which almost ensures at least twelve months of support.

Kinda, I could totally imagine seasons being quarterly instead of yearly or bi-yearly plus in-game cash shops and of course the annoyance of FOMO / Fear of Missing Out and events of limited exclusivity and availability and what not plus multiple premium editions, pre order incentives and the usual deals and how this works.
(Codes on fast food things of kinda qualifies as edible / drinkable and all that too.)

EDIT: Think EA’s done with bringing over some of their former exclusive Origin games too but maybe there’s a few other titles they didn’t put up on Steam. Still quite a disparity there between Steam EA Play and Origin EA Play though. Put mildly.
(Somewhat like 50 games against 220)

You only need Origin for those titles that requires Origin to work.

Older titles that was already available on Steam does not require Origin.

But otherwise, yes, some form of linking of accounts is really needed so that users subscribed to the service through Steam still gets access to the much larger catalogue of titles on Origin.

But it’s possible it’s some contractual limitation or whatever as the Steam service currently only focuses on EA’s own published titles and doesn’t include any third-party titles at all (which the subscription service on Origin does).

Haven’t they only stuck with bringing latest franchise entries to Steam? At least from what i’ve noticed, Titanfall 1, GW 1 & 2 are missing etc. - They would rather all focus was on the latest releases.

That, combined with the intention to promote EA Play because it’s a thing, yeah it’s weird but i think that’s all it’s down to.

(Kal how do you even add a line between texts)
It would be like Microsoft trying to bring gamepass to Steam. Not all gamepass titles would be available, but there would be many more users interested in the subscription.

You’d at least expect them to lower the cost of EA Play on Steam to compensate, or allow linking accounts so that users could access the full library that’s otherwise available to EA Play subscribers on Origin…

Not have them manage what is essentially two entirely different subscription services with the same name.

I agree with lowering cost, but would they be allowed to link the libraries? They’d basically be using Steam to promote Origin.

Changing the name for the steam version would also work, on top of a price cut.

The latest titles technically still requires Origin, after all. Not to mention that the subscription page on Steam already technically promotes Origin:

Is EA Play available on other platforms?
Yes! EA Play is available for PC via Steam or Origin as well as on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. Please note: while EA Play is available on multiple platforms your membership is tied to the platform you joined on. If you joined on Steam, your Play List, member discount, and all other benefits will only be available here.

Hmm yeah the lack of clarity here is annoying.

What i mean is, you’d be giving Steam users incentive to use another platform (Origin) if they want to benefit from even more games. That’s probably against Valve’s terms.

Question, I am running SK in Metro Exodus thru DX12 method. But I am getting some weird input issue. KB / M causes double input in row. So I press a button it enables and disables. Like in ReShade GUI. Any fix for that?

[Compatibility.General]
DisableBloatWare_NVIDIA=true
RehookLoadLibrary=false

[SpecialK.System]
ShowEULA=true
Silent=false
LogLevel=0
IgnoreRTSSHookDelay=false
UseCrashHandler=true
GameOutput=true
EnableCEGUI=false
SafeInitCEGUI=true
TraceLoadLibrary=true
StrictCompliant=false
Version=0.11.0.45

[ImGui.Render]
DisableAlpha=false
AntialiasLines=true
AntialiasContours=true

[API.Hook]
LastKnown=128
d3d9=false
d3d9ex=false
d3d11=false
OpenGL=false
d3d12=true
Vulkan=false

[NVIDIA.API]
DisableHDR=true
Disable=true

[NVIDIA.Bugs]
AnselSleepsWithFishes=false

[Input.Keyboard]
CatchAltF4=false
DisabledToGame=false

[Input.Mouse]
DisabledToGame=false

[Input.Cursor]
Manage=false
KeyboardActivates=true
Timeout=1.5
ForceCaptureInUI=false
UseHardwareCursor=true
BlockInvisibleCursorInput=false
NoWarpUI=true
NoWarpVisibleGameCursor=true
FixSynapticsTouchpadScroll=false
AntiwarpDeadzonePercent=2.5
UseRelativeInput=true

[Input.Gamepad]
DisabledToGame=false
DisablePS4HID=false
AllowHapticUI=false
DisableRumble=false

[Input.XInput]
Rehook=false
PlaceholderMask=0
UISlot=0
SlotReassignment=0,1,2,3

[Input.Steam]
UISlot=0

[Threads.Analyze]
MemoryAllocation=false
FileActivity=false

[Window.System]
Borderless=true
Center=true
RenderInBackground=false
MuteInBackground=false
XOffset=0.0%
YOffset=0.0%
ConfineCursor=false
UnconfineCursor=false
PersistentDragPos=false
Fullscreen=true
FixMouseCoords=false
AlwaysOnTop=0
DisableScreensaver=false
DontHookWndProc=false
OverrideRes=0x0

[Display.Output]
ForceFullscreen=false
ForceWindowed=false

[Render.FrameRate]
TargetFPS=144.0
BackgroundFPS=144.0
LimiterTolerance=1.5
SleeplessRenderThread=false
SleeplessWindowThread=false
EnableMMCSS=true
MaxBusyWaitPercent=0.15
WaitForVBLANK=false
PreRenderLimit=3
BackBufferCount=2
PresentationInterval=-1
RescanRatio=-1/1
RefreshRate=-1.0

[FrameRate.Control]
MaxRenderAheadFrames=0
OverrideCPUCoreCount=-1

[Render.DXGI]
MaxDeltaTime=0
UseFlipDiscard=false
DisableFlipModel=false
AllowTearingInDWM=false
AdaptiveTearing=false
MaxRes=2560x1440
MinRes=1920x1080
SwapChainWait=0
Scaling=DontCare
ScanlineOrder=DontCare
ExceptionMode=DontCare
EnableDebugLayer=false
SafeFullscreenMode=false
Use64BitDepthStencil=false
IsolateD3D11DeferredContexts=false
SkipSwapChainPresentTest=false
OverrideMSAA=-1

[Textures.D3D11]
Cache=false
PreciseHash=false
Inject=true
InjectionKeepsFormat=false
GenerateMipmaps=false

[Textures.Cache]
MaxEntries=65536
MinEntries=512
MaxEvict=1024
MinEvict=64
MaxSizeInMiB=2048
MinSizeInMiB=384
IgnoreNonMipmapped=false
AllowStaging=false
AllowUnsafeRefCounting=false
ManageResidency=false

[Render.D3D9]
ForceD3D9Ex=false
EnableTextureMods=false

[Render.OSD]
ShowInVideoCapture=true
HDRLuminance=4.375

[Textures.General]
ResourceRoot=SK_Res
DumpOnFirstLoad=false

[DPI.Scaling]
Disable=false
PerMonitorAware=false
MonitorAwareOnAllThreads=false

[Steam.Achievements]
SoundFile=

[Steam.System]
AppID=412020
AutoInitDelay=0
AutoPumpCallbacks=true
BlockUserStatsCallback=false
FilterExternalDataFromCallbacks=false
PreLoadSteamClient=false
PreLoadSteamOverlay=false
ForceLoadSteamAPI=false
AutoInjectSteamAPI=true
NotifyCorner=DontCare
ReuseOverlayPause=true
SteamPipeDLL=steam_api64.dll
CallbackThrottle=-1

[Steam.Social]
OnlineStatus=-1

[Steam.Log]
Silent=false

[Steam.DRMWorks]
SpoofBLoggedOn=false

[Steam.Screenshots]
EnableSmartCapture=true

[AMD.ADL]
Disable=false

[SpecialK.HDR]
scRGBLuminance_[0]=1.0
scRGBGamma_[0]=1.0
InputColorSpace_[0]=1
OutputColorSpace_[0]=0
scRGBLuminance_[1]=1.0
scRGBGamma_[1]=1.0
InputColorSpace_[1]=1
OutputColorSpace_[1]=0
scRGBLuminance_[2]=1.0
scRGBGamma_[2]=1.0
InputColorSpace_[2]=1
OutputColorSpace_[2]=0
scRGBLuminance_[3]=1.0
scRGBGamma_[3]=1.0
InputColorSpace_[3]=1
OutputColorSpace_[3]=0
Use10BitSwapChain=false
Use16BitSwapChain=false
Promote8BitRTsTo16=false
Promote10BitRTsTo16=false
Promote11BitRTsTo16=false
AllowFullLuminance=false
Preset=0

[HDR.Presets]
Activate0=F1
Activate1=F2
Activate2=F3
Activate3=F4

[D3D11.Hooks]
EnableGlobalCache=false
EnableLocalCache=false

[DXGI.Hooks]
EnableGlobalCache=true
EnableLocalCache=false

Nope. I can’t even see my own UI to debug things in D3D12. If something’s broken, it’s going to stay broken for, well, until my UI works :stuck_out_tongue:

I could most likely run game in DX11 mode and see what I can do. It has DX11 as well. It does it in that one as well.

Just a reminder, the Ampere stream starts in 50 mins :slight_smile:

I need to get myself an UPS… We had a scheduled power outage in early August that I forgot about that ended up with one of my 8 TB drives getting 8 bad sectors, and today we had another unplanned power outage.

Two outages so close to one another is a bit too much for me, hence why I really need to get myself an UPS for my server and NAS.

So it seems like Nvidia have a major answer for next-gen consoles with their SSDs…

Soo RTX 3080 seems like a good value - Nvidia are going all out :slight_smile:

Yeah been looking into that myself, since they dug down the power cables the lighting is less of a issue but the construction work due to the city including the outer areas like this one growing or getting parts relocated to it has led to a few … unscheduled outages. :smiley:

Nothing too severe so far and better than the almost monthly power issues before the old cabling was overhauled but it’s a weakness I need to look into with the current system and ensuring there’s no major problems particularly SSD sensitivity.

EDIT:

Lighting, Lightning.

Well they’re both bright. :smiley:

Stream’s finished, and the prices are sorta surprising - there’s definitely a spot for a 3080 ti

I feel sorry for anyone who brought the 2080 ti recently. Nvidia are even touting 8K gaming as being a thing with DLSS on the 3090.

1 Like

The new line-up is insane. 3070 being slightly faster than 2080 Ti. 3080 blowing 2080 Ti out of the water, and 3090 just :scream:

I’m eagerly awaiting benchmarks, but it’s bascially set in stone that I’ll update – either to 3080 or an outright 3090.

And Jensen didn’t disappoint – I wanted an oven joke and he delivered!

1 Like

Honestly, i wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to wait and see what AMD are offering. Ampere seems like a decent value outside of the 3090.

This deserves some attention too

1 Like

Yeah, RTX IO aka Microsoft DirectStorage is just :heart:

Newest consoles haven’t arrived yet and we’re already seeing PCs be capable of a similar technology to lower I/O throughput.