Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

That’s basically the design that SK has been using as its default mode now for a few years… so you’re probably just sampling margin of error.

I’ve got 3 sync points in my design too, with the front-edge sync being default. Though I sort out latency issues associated with this in a different way that RTSS currently doesn’t support.

“Limiter Wars” haven’t started, we just got parity between some features and that’s totally awesome.

Incidentally, can you do some to-display latency comparisons as well?

Cyberpunk 2077 got updated just a few minutes ago on steam and GOG.

CP 2077 1.06 UpdateNotes

1 Like

That was the issue?

That was years ago why even have a file size limit of that.
I thought it got some overflow issue or programming error when it hit X number of items and over a certain file size not a cap on the file size itself.

EDIT: Well the award for the worst design decision of the year is going to be easy at least.

CP2077 has so many design issues … CDPR really messed up this time. I will wait before playing more.

The AI is too dumb for me. It goes for not seeing a thing , to if one sees you, all the map is alerted instantly …
The driving does not feels right, and for the love of god, couldn’t the gps be on the road instead of the minimap ?!?! this is the future, right ?!?!
And the rpg mechanic and loot system, must of the rpg upgrades are small numbers increment, and the weapons: nothing feels unique, just go to the higher number.

Is it this one, under Synchronization tab?

Until Display Times (Special K)

Until Display Times (RTSS, Front Edge Sync)

Input Lag Approximation (Special K)

Input Lag Approximation (RTSS, Front Edge Sync)

It basically was a programming issue if some kind. Some random user already found and threw together a max file size save parameter that did nothing for anyone, and the issue were never present on other platforms to begin with, and it was still technically possible to /save/ and create a file larger than 8192 KB — it would just get corrupted in the process and not work.

Basically it was most likely an I/O issue somewhere that occurred when enough data to create a save file larger than 8192 KB was reached.

1 Like

Nice, further input optimizations and additional PS5 controller improvements as well.
Remote play D3D12 optimizations for recording(?) general D3D12 improvements overall perhaps.

And Gaming Cafes are still around.
“Do you want some trash talk with your tea to remind you of online gaming experiences.”

Ha ha, well suppose these net cafes are still popular maybe even pretty large in parts of the world. :slight_smile:

Wonder if PS5 controller now has Vibration and oh I found out something. When using Big Picture mode overlay ingame the vibration works on PS5 and PS4 controllers. When using the normal non big picture mode for steam input overlay then the vibration doesn’t work. Quite odd actually. Been able to replicate this issue with Cyberpunk 2077 for that particular controller issue.

Well… that’s certainly interesting.

Is that with any of SK’s swapchain stuff? The RTSS implementation looks better w/o any other changes to the render queue.

It looks to me like there’s an extra frame queued that wouldn’t be if SK’s framerate limiter were in waitable mode.

I did not turn Waitable Swapchain on for this game. Because when it’s on, sometime the game stutters like this:

And I have to alt-tab to other app and alt-tab back for the game’s fps to be stable again.

RTSS Front Edge Sync also sometime stutters:

When RTSS stutters happen, they won’t go away with alt-tab. I have to load into a new area to make stutters disappear.

For Death Stranding, the best frame limiter for me is to use Special K without Waitable Swapchain.

Looks like stock for the 3080’s should be coming back next week, Wednesday for a few stores with availability of the 3090’s already improved. :slight_smile:
(That particular GPU is a little costly though. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Picked up a 6800 non-XT two days ago, was hoping for a XT but there’s no estimated date on when stock is available so a batch of MSI references available with for some weird reason reference pricing instead of the markup going on well figured might as well go for it.

Solid upgrade alright, various improvements on how the 5700XT (Pulse) worked too respecting the fan settings better for one big improvement and scaling better in terms of clock speed and not being quite so dependent on overall GPU load for this plus it respects minimum (3D) clock states now.

Bit above the 3070 and at a slightly lower price though once pricing normalizes the 3070 should be cheaper and reference 6000 AMD GPU’s should be going EOL in Q1 2021 sometime should already be out of stock but AMD made more due to demand.

6800XT’s another 10% to 20% depending on the title and particularly for the better scalability with D3D12 and Vulkan, about the same for the 6900XT from that.

Clock speeds can be set up to 2400Mhz GPU 2100 Mem with the default 15% power limit hard cap. (Forcing higher sets a 565 Mhz GPU clock speed.) making for another 4% gain or so which isn’t bad.

Then just dialing in voltage and getting the fans and such for the extra heat since the reference 6800 is a 2 slot bit different design and components from the 6800 and 6900 same Navi21 chip though cut down a bit but the bigger units have a higher default total board power limit and a higher voltage with a 2.5 slot cooler which is also a bit better at dissipating the heat.

Cap of 2800 Mhz for the 6800XT and the same 2150 RAM I think but 2050 to 2100 is usually where it’s at above that ECC might kick in and you lose a small bit of performance instead although the full 2150’s possible depending on overall binning and all that as usual.

Softmodding can get the 6800 to hit around 2600 GPU core clock speeds but 2450 to 2500 is more common and then it might hit stability issues, 2700 seems like it’s common for the 6800XT and 6900 both though the full Navi21 XTX 6900 GPU core needs some better cooling to maintain this.
(Massive Merc319 or what it’s called might not be required but the custom designs will certainly help solve that even if the reference design is a lot better over the 5700’s with the ineffective blower cooler.)

EDIT: Don’t really have to fiddle too much with it, there’s some neat gains although not the biggest from clocking it higher and as usual you can undervolt these and it just gets really effective at 0.850 to 0.900 but losing a bit of performance from reducing the GPU core clocks at least a little bit.

Solid improvements overall really, shame about the price situation and the availability especially the hugely popular NVIDIA Ampere 3080’s though AMD’s 6800XT’s aren’t all that common either and the 6900’s will likely be smaller batches of availability to begin with unless it sells out immediately again. :smiley:

Zen3’s or the Ryzen 5000’s are also stocking up though more for the 5600 with a few 5800’s though a couple of hundred should be in stock as of early January but the pre-orders for these are also really high so that’s going to resolving these first I would expect but some stock might remain depending on how many on total are being sent over here and of course the rest of Europe as well.

Less of a hike-up in pricing too but there’s still a bit of that going on though at least for what it seems to be currently less extreme than the GPU side.

No idea as to the state of the 5900’s and the big 5950 CPU probably going to be some stock at least but I’ve only seen listings for incoming 5800’s for this last week of December or early January.

EDIT: Oh and the bios and AGESA situation and updates, MSI’s rolling out some early 1.1.9.0 bios code already Asus and Gigabyte and the others should hopefully follow in January and if AMD doesn’t revise it further that will hopefully resolve the ongoing problems and compatibility issues from AMD’s side and the AGESA code and these bits.
(New version of PBO2 too which combines PBO with the curve optimizer for voltage and clock scaling fine tuning, nice little extra to have.)

EDIT:

Nice, Asus listing a few 3080Ti’s early.

Well, hmm… Gonna be interesting to see how long the wait for the 3080 Ti will be once I finally put down an order for one.

Damn the 3080ti is probably gonna be over 11000 nok here in Norway compared to when I bought a high end aorus extreme 1080ti for 8000, Nvidia achieved their goal I guess with bumping the price of TI versions another 400$ up

Huh, I didn’t realize it, but you’re right. When I bought my current MSI 1080 Ti it costs just below 9000 SEK, which is the asking price for the regular 3080 nowadays. The 3080 Ti will most likely be around 11000 SEK as well.

This is the result of them introducing all of those Super in-between versions, I guess…

Yeah Idk if I want to cancel my 3080 TUF order which was 8000 nok, and just wait for the 2021 GPU’s as I don’t think mine will be sent before late Q1 2021 at this rate.

Now I have time to start Nier Automata.

I managed to get both HDR and texture insertion working, but the more textures (1000+ atm) I inject, the more the game stutters, probably due to loading the textures.

Is that the reason why GPUnity’s texture pack has only 230~ textures?

Use this updated version, it should not require Alt-Tabbing to fix the limiter anymore.

Special K v. 12.25.2020

SpecialK64.7z (7.8 MB)
SpecialK32.7z (6.5 MB)

D312 support is effectively mainstream, I’m confident in its compatibility.

3 Likes

What. You’ll have to explain how you managed that :smiley:

You can try this method to reduce drive stress:

Alternatively, you can inject the textures from a drive location that’s different from where the game is installed.

1. To do this, move the FAR_Res folder to your preferred location (different drive)
  2. Open the newly placed FAR_Res folder and copy the directory address, for example: C:\Far_Res or G:\Far_Res
  3. Open dinput8.ini from the game’s directory and search for ‘Textures.General’ (quick search with ctrl+f) - Change the value of ResourceRoot (under Textures.General) by pasting your copied address. For example:
    ResourceRoot=Far_Res changes to *ResourceRoot=C:\Far_Res* or *ResourceRoot=G:\Far_Res*
    Save changes and the textures should now load from the new assigned directory.

Alternatively, there’s the 2k version of the texture pack for anyone still experiencing stutters.

Here is my file config: https://imgur.com/a/f2PWuNf

d3d11.dll is the latest SpecialK, preconfigured to have HDR working. I did notice that texture extraction and injection does not work with this. Also 60 fps unlocking does not work as well. But that is not a problem.

dxgi.dll is FAR 0.7.0.23. The dxgi.ini is configured with dumping and injecting textures. This is done after HDR is already configured, and thousands of textures are dumped.

Both of them share the same FAR.ini file so there is no problem unlike the UnX project. You can have both FAR features + HDR working this way. I used both of your texture pack and my upscaled textures. I did something wrong so 2B’s dress turned purple, but it did work.

The game could probably benefit from a massive upscaling, but unfortunately stuttering is too much even for an NVME SSD. I also tried to change the location as above :confused:. Your texture pack doesn’t have any problem, but if I tried to inject some 6GB of textures then the game runs at 5fps :laughing:

Btw I just configured once and play, because otherwise changing anything via GUI in game will be messy, as there are 2 SpecialK GUIs running at the same time. In some other games, keyboard and mouse are disabled for some reason, so manually selecting textures is impossible, but in Nier you can still do that.

https://gitlab.special-k.info/Kaldaien/SpecialK/-/commit/35671113fa40ffd81aa2e5593705b3810407c3dd