Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

Nice work with the Wiki, btw. I wasn’t expecting this much work this quickly. I was kinda happy just to get the server up and running :slight_smile:

Certainly makes the project look more professional than referring to a mile long wall of text on a third-party wiki (with ads on it) and proclaiming that to be Special K’s closest thing to documentation :stuck_out_tongue:

The first couple are just a mouse cursor, initially meant to be a wireframe mouse, but that didn’t look right, so i just headed in the direction you see in the resulting images. The last one is meant to be a computer’s internals with the GPU sticking out. These are all draft logos at best, none of them are tidied up enough to be called usable.

I’m still wrapping my head around Illustrator as well, it’s quite different from Photoshop, so there’s a lot i want to do that i don’t know how to do just yet.

Thanks. Exactly what I was trying to do.

Back to multiplane overlays, I think. I can’t get resource sharing across context resets working reliably in D3D12 :frowning: Stuff happens in the wrong order, and then it’s a frozen black image forever.

I can see why Microsoft doesn’t bother trying to inject code directly into games with the game bar overlay.

I’m still dead set on removing CEGUI though. That’ll simplify rendering code and maybe native D3D12 will be easier when I gut that fish?

1 Like

“Build it and they’ll come” and all of that I guess :smiley:

It’s an enormous help that Discourse can translate a copied selection from PCGW to Markdown, as it speeds it up the process as it allows me to get a good baseline for a page. Though after that I can often spend edit, rewrite, or restructure a page for quite some time before I find it “finished.”

Hell, just the Global injection page has some 28 revisions now between the two of us, and that’s just the number of times we’ve hit “Save” – the number of actual edits on each revision can be off the charts due to how good Wiki.js’ preview is.

Lol, having created even more pages on the wiki, I find us in the position where we probably have to consolidate information a bit as the main menu is already being pushed a bit too long for my taste.

Expandable menu sections are apparently planned for Wiki.js, but seemingly not finished yet.

Hmm… Gonna have to think about this one a bit.

@Kaldaien, something I noticed was how using the “PHP” codeblock format on the wiki colorizes the syntax in a good way:

```php
[Input.XInput]
Enable=false
Rehook=false
PlaceholderMask=0
UISlot=0
SlotReassignment=0,1,2,3
```

Before:

After:

It’s a bit weird though, because Discourse supports both that and the separate ini syntax highlighting, but neither creates the same result here on Discourse.

im new here.can i use special k mod on horizon zero dawn.thanks for help

To anyone who uses the text OSD in Special K, would it be acceptable if it were changed to draw a translucent background behind the text?

In other words, the OSD becomes a widget with a background…

I don’t see many other options for getting text to be legible if I switch to ImGui for rendering the OSD. It does not support the border / drop shadow that I am using in CEGUI to draw the OSD text.

Would it be possible to let us set the ARGB of the background? That way if we wanted it fully transparent, we could. If so, that’d be fine.

In regards to the wiki, I sorta threw in the towel in terms of having the “list of games compatible with Special K” here as the lack of sortable columns along with the lack of styling made the list a hassle to use.

I’m simply linking to the PCGW list for now instead.

@Kaldaien this might be the first decent logo design, if you like this then i’ll refine it further.
Logo3-3

Uh… I think Chase bank wants its logo back :slight_smile:

XD, the base of both logos are octagons, so it’s normal for them to seem similar.

Aperture Science wants their logo back:

Soo, feedback on the logo?

Btw, imma just insert this here

Too simple, I guess? :conwayshrug:

You can’t recreate something more similar to the current “SK” logo?

4177476.52_image6

tenor (7)

I’m deliberately going for simple, which is how all professional logos are. That logo you sent had the letters slapped on top awkwardly. The pixel look also won’t scale well at lower output resolutions. This is a better version of that same logo btw

sktaskbaricon2