Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

I authorized you.

Yeah, that’s one ugly logo… so ugly, I put it on the front page :slight_smile:

To get back to the topic of Adobe’s SaaS (sorry, but it makes me very bitter)

I cannot understand the use case of any of their products. For every one that Adobe offers in Cloud, there is a free-cost and even FOSS alternative that is easier to use, has more extensive plugin support, and is far less riddled with bugs. Honestly, at this point, I can only recommend (and begrudgingly so) Adobe Cloud if you are working in a traditional multimedia business that discourages you from running your own software kits to do the same jobs.

Otherwise, look around, and get your feet wet in the different options that are available.

D3D12 renderer is ~25% done. This might take less time than I originally anticipated :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I’m not sure how long it’ll take to do an HDR Retrofit feature for D3D12. There aren’t many D3D12 games that need it, but people are bugging me to get Control + RTX + HDR working :stuck_out_tongue:

For the most part, I can share the shaders between D3D11/12 so SK’s UI will still have luminance control in official HDR games. I can potentially re-use the shaders that do the SDR → HDR image processing too, but I’ve gotta figure out how resource sharing works in D3D12 before I can manipulate the swapchain backbuffer. I can probably spy on ReShade to figure that out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, turns out the wiki immediately detects if/when a connection to the backend is lost :laughing:

@Kaldaien could you throw an eye at the Wiki.js docklet? It seems to be down entirely.

Yeah, sorry. I was busy getting LETSENCRYPT to work. There were all sorts of firewall issues and SSL redirects that had to be reconfigured.

It should all be up and running now, w/ HTTPS support.

Well @#$% me… no wonder personal E-Mails haven’t been getting responses, lol.

Postmark has been re-writing my reply-to address as noreply@…

I thought people were just giving me the cold shoulder, and they probably were thinking the same of me. Hahah.

Wiki E-Mail is up and running now too, so people should be able to create accounts the way intended.

1 Like

There has to be some notification or notice for that, seems like a good way to completely miss the email being switched to a empty one missing all sorts of stuff as a result otherwise.

I have a bunch of other automated E-Mail addresses for signing-up to the various online services tied to Special K now, they all have a reply address of noreply@differentk.fyi. Somehow I also applied that to my personal E-Mail, lol.

That’s pretty badass…

There’s a markdown extension that allows partitioning content into tabs. I can see that being very useful if we need to document things differently depending on the store a user buys a game from.

Rather than overwhelming them with a wall of text for each and every possible combination of store, they just select the appropriate tab and are much happier :slight_smile:

Yup, I moved the global injection page over to using that one instead. Consolidates information much better.

https://wiki.special-k.info/en/Installation/Global

I’ve confirmed that both GitHub and Discord providers work, and set up two basic user groups:

• Members (can comment but not edit) – set by default when signing up.
  • Editors (can create and edit pages and images/files) – set manually by us.

Edit: I’m on the clock atm so gotta be busy for the next 8-9 hours or so. Ciao~~

Someone said something about one of the perks of Patreon support was an exclusive Discord server?

I don’t know anything about that, but I figure I should learn WTF Discord is sooner or later…

tenor (6)

Uuhhh…

Remember that PostMark is for /transactional/ messages only. I am not sure they approve of personal messages that aren’t transactional?

Ah, that’s right. So actually, no… I guess people are just straight up ignoring me after all :slight_smile:

I remember why I did that now. I had a few automated E-Mails that actually appear to come personally from me, but I don’t want people replying to me on those account creation messages. Postmark themselves were the ones that said having the From address as noreply@… is bad practice.

Are we absolutely certain that RTSS uses CBT hooks? I’m too afraid to ask Unwinder, lol. I usually just leave a bug report and run away whenever I need to communicate with him.

The Wiki is written in such a way that it makes it sound like RTSS uses them. Nobody’s come here and demanded that be re-written, so either nobody cares or I guess it’s accurate? :rofl:

Ehh… I have actually contemplated that in the past, and actually did it just now as well, and I remember finding a changelog from Unwinder that mentioned their use, and that was basically that.

• Improved CBT hooks uninstallation routine to minimize the risk of deadlocking 3D application when dynamically closing RivaTuner Statistics Server during 3D application runtime

[…]

• Added timeout to API hooks injection in CBT hook handler. The timeout is aimed to reduce injection related CPU overhead on some systems, related to high mouse polling rate combined with keyboard/mouse hooks installed by third party applications

From
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/9tbvy2/rtss_rivatuner_v720_final_released/

Edit:

Even more appropriate I guess: