Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

Hopefully it’s something CD Project will look into for future patches and having more time to check up on reported issues.

SpecialK and D3D12 development could help once Kaldaien gets further with the 0.11.1.0 release for SpecialK but it sounds like the game is problematic in some not yet entirely known fashion on some systems going by the posts so far plus the HDR implementation and overrides which I was assuming you’d have to disable the game one and utilize SpecialK but apparently that’s not how it should be.

Interesting update for the known issues there on the new driver branch too, sounds like a hotfix driver is going to be a thing because that’s a bunch of regressions and one more severe API issue I believe plus that 1080Ti GPU problem that’s really bad.

And as to Witcher 3 and getting into that yeah the gameplay mechanics don’t quite agree with a lot of players and the writing doesn’t carry the experience on it’s own it might be a very well received and popular game but it has a lot of divisive opinions and criticism too some of it really deserved too.

Curious to see if they’ll do more for the re-release ray-trace edition but I expect D3D12 and a performance uplift though negated if enabling said RTX or rather ray tracing effects although DLSS is likely to show up as well.
(Well I do expect modding to pretty much break if they’ve shifted it over to RED Engine V4 or made additional overhauls on V3 but without a full engine upgrade.)

I settled on putting peak to 1000nits, 1.5 tone curve and using reshade levels adjustment to 2 on blacks, 3 looks best most of the time apart from dark scenes where it’s just pitch black, you drop it down to 2 and it’s the best middle ground.

So disappointed with Cp2077

In the surface it looks goods but it`s broken. Main quests are fine, but demo gameplay lie about the “alive” city

The Vanishing of NPC’s

Heh, I don’t get that bug. In every area so far its pretty much alive and full of ppl.

Regarding those issues, launch the game directly from Cyberpunk2077.exe, with an appropriate AppID text file.

The launcher is causing most of these problems. The process tree contains a hidden console window that steals input focus. It’s a nasty design and the reason I hate launchers.

SK_Cyberpunk2077.7z (7.6 MB)

That’s my suggestion. I haven’t tested the GOG version, because I’m not made of money :stuck_out_tongue: One copy of the game is enough for me, heh.

Doesn’t work with GOG version direct exe launch unless HDR is enabled in game

Works fine if you want to play in SDR with SK

You’re probably using the wrong HDR mode. It’s setup for scRGB HDR.

Problem is, my displays are all in different rooms with 50-100 ft fiber-optic HDMI connections :slight_smile: I don’t currently have any setup where I can test multi-monitor without walking to a different room, lol.

1 Like

SK Loads fine once HDR is enabled, the issue is that if you turn HDR off in game and use the HDR widget in SK it fails to load

I wanted to see if its possible to map the games SDR to HDR better than the devs with the insane raised black floor

NPCs have been fine in my experience, and by that i mean poor but in line with basically any open world i’ve played. I didn’t and wouldn’t expect anything more until games are developed with PS5 and Xbox Series as the base platforms.

On another note, CDPR never proved themselves in the technical aspect. Witcher 3 was notorious at launch for the downgrades, with the devs publicly blaming console hardware. They go on to make a game that’s far more ambitious and everyone expected something polished, i still don’t understand why. Revealing the game as early as they did did them no favours, well except with appeasing to shareholders for some time.

On the bright side (imo at least) people might now learn to not overhype things made by devs that haven’t properly established themselves as being capable of huge projects.

Yeah, don’t do that. Use SK to enhance the game’s HDR, not replace it.

1 Like

Trust reddit to find optimisations like this

Silent (CookiePLMonster) being his usual reverse-engineering self, lmao.

Apparently he and a few other were discussing the Intel compiler/performance benefit claims over on the RPCS3 dev Discord server, and one thing lead to another and the end result is his reply on Reddit to attempt to clear up the misinformation of the opening post.

1 Like

Is this useful if you’re GPU bound?

No, it’s only for CPU bound scenarios, and one’s results may vary. Technically speaking that check shouldn’t even have an impact on Ryzen CPUs, though some people state the opposite.

1 Like

Ig Linus put it best, this situation with Hardware Unboxed gives AMD “fanboys” ammunition against “the enemy”, and could taint the perception of future GPU reviews if this situation gets out of hand

1 Like

Much easier solution that doesn’t require editing anything, is to spoof the core count in SK :slight_smile: Double it if you want. Hell, triple or quadruple it. That’s way more powerful :slight_smile:

Dunno what this nets you in the end though, since the game barely touches the CPU thanks to the efficiency of D3D12.

Went ahead and spoofed 64 cores for the hell of it.

[FrameRate.Control]
OverrideCPUCoreCount=64
1 Like

So RT reflections are breaking down for me in a lot of places, look at this glowing mess