Topic-Free Mega Thread - v 1.11.2020

Games up there with Elyx in terms of jankiness though but should at least be better supported and less unstable even with graphical glitches and gameplay issues and all sorts of things.

Game itself looks good but needed more work, better than some other barely playable to downright unfinished game launches though so the delays helped although the devs are now going to be a bit overworked getting all this patched up and readying the PS5 and X Series versions and updates.

Will be interesting to see how the patches will change things up over the next couple of months plus what the additional content will be, Blood and Wine and Heart of Stone were excellent but will this be similar, hopefully!

EDIT: Elyx is also a few steps below games like Two Worlds or Gothic 3 the scale of jankiness is quite wide after all ha ha.
(Some of the games are also really good or strive to be more creative and immersive allowing much more freedom but the resources aren’t always enough so some bugs happen, or a lot of them at times.)

EDIT: More Yakuza.

Lol I agree the images in the settings show very little difference as you adjust the dials. Having multiple images go by in a slideshow you can’t control was a straight up idiotic move as well. In game I can tell lowering midpoint just further “crushes” colour towards that grey floor.

@Kaldaien With your settings do you have native HDR on or off? I’m assuming off?

I encourage all LG OLED owners facing the issue of raised black levels with HDR content on Nvidia’s 460.79 drivers to submit feedback to them providing all necessary info, so they can prioritize a fix.

Here’s a link to the Nvidia driver feedback form:

NVIDIA Display Driver Form - https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

Woah, I wasn’t really aware, that HDR works for DX12 games now. Will test it, thanks!

Edit: Any way to run it in tandem with reshade? Would love to keep my lumasharpen, as the DLSS is making the game blurry.

Edit2: Game doesn’t launch when I try to restart it after enabling HDR in Special K :frowning:

Wonder if CyberPunk 2077 has some issues with it’s HDR implementation currently.

Via Guru3D something about SDR->HDR conversion and issues.

I’m not 100% on the tech here and implementation but that might be useful and thus the games HDR to off and using SpecialK for scRGB HDR could give better results although require a fair bit of more in-depth calibration via the SK HDR widget.

EDIT: Not 100% on what the PC version does for HDR either could have multiple implementations like AC Valhalla (There it’s FreeSync2 HDR and HDR10 as it’s supported by AMD, for NVIDIA I suppose you’d get NVAPI HDR and/or HDR10) or it could be just the standard Microsoft HDR10 one without the other implementation methods. :slight_smile:

Would be a bit interesting of XBox Auto HDR surpasses the games HDR implementation too as a result for the console version here.

Think Red Dead Redemption 2 on console (Unsure about the later PC port again.) had similar concerns but it got patched so there’s either a different method or users can choose the HDR variant depending on preference now.

EDIT: Hmm.

Same for me, game won’t start with HDR off in game and on in specialK.

I tried HDR on in game with the specialK settings shown in the video but it doesn’t really look right and certain elements are definitely being washed out. For example in one of the HDR test images the sky advertisements disappeared. Guess I’ll try a reshade…

I’m going to need to see some logs to figure these incompatibilities out. There’s a reason I haven’t created a standalone thread for this game on the forums yet :slight_smile:

It was a mad dash to get D3D12 UI support finished before the game shipped. Glad I did though, because tuning framepacing in this game’s difficult without an actual menu.

You may have better luck with this pre-packaged build. I don’t usually leave that many settings in the .ini files, but since who the hell knows which setting the game does not like, I’m throwing the book at it.

SK_Cyberpunk2077.7z (7.5 MB)

1 Like

Yup, Reshade works for now (just use levels), but I’d really love to try the Special K HDR, as it will be even better, probably.

Turns out the HDR mod on nexusmods was in fact a “software hdr” meant for SDR displays. Never used reshade before so don’t know if I can bothered messing with the levels by myself. Just tried the native HDR with mismatched black levels (driver on full, TV on limited) and it looks pretty awesome tbh.

Oof, that’s rather scummy

Yeah might backfire as a result and I’m not fond of trying to pressure into a certain direction or focus for independent reviewers although blacklisting is a pretty effective way since it cuts off the initial launch review possibilities and getting the article up as early as possible.

Not the first time though there’s been a few incidents and partnership problems as I remember.
Even including some bigger hardware manufacturers and partners Samsung, Intel and others.

Is there a way to make SpecialK play nicely with multi-monitor setups? Like if I want to play Cyberpunk on my secondary 1080p monitor rather than the primary 1440p one.

I was trying it last night but was having a lot of issues getting it to work properly.

Well Kaldaien at least has enough TV’s to where testing multi-display compatibility shouldn’t be a issue.
Not sure how SpecialK actually handles the situation I would think the OS or display drivers selects which display is which and modes and all that but this might then need settings in SpecialK for what’s the primary display and detection of multiple displays switching to the one you want and that sort of thing.

Must be something for detecting the switch and different properties like the display resolution or refresh rate changing too even if SpecialK is initialized early via SKIF rather than through the DirectX routine from a local install. (DXGI or D3D .dll file names.)

EDIT: Must be a bit of work setting this correctly, features and what not that need to match and be detected properly.

What doesn’t work? Didn’t the game natively have a monitor selector in the settings? I remember seeing one anyway.

1 Like

Ah, dunno if it’s the game or Special K, but the multi-monitor config in this game seems broken when using SK. I haven’t run into that in other games.

How can I click “Okay” when the mouse cursor is locked to the other monitor and each click just makes the game lose focus?!?!?!

Edit: Holding down Caps Lock at least allowed me to use the keyboard to hit that Okay button :smiley:

Hmm maybe some of the mouse settings would work, I always have a bit of a issue getting it set correctly and what locks the mouse and where although I don’t know if that carries over to dual or triple displays in the same way.

EDIT: _default.ini or similar / editing the config file early on would be needed though since navigating and editing the UI with keyboard only is I believe almost impossible.

EDIT: Let’s see now.

Manage=
NoWarpUI=
NoWarpVisibleGameCursor=
UseHardwareCursor=
UseRelativeInput=

These I think.
(Under [Input.Cursor] )

I think it’s a game issue or something. Setting the game to Fullscreen and another monitor has it correctly moving over to said monitor, but without updating the cursor boundaries and mapping, basically.

However after a restart of the game, it runs correctly on the secondary monitor – if we ignore the massive performance dips I saw for some weird reason.

1 Like

Anyone else just finding this game overly addicting? Despite how buggy it is.

Nope, I’ve just completed the prologue. Went back to Haven again.