Special K v 0.11.0.49 - Latency Monitoring

Yeah somethings wrong here, i have a lot of drives but not THAT many

1 Like

Maybe some changes to the OS or some such? Windows 10 has a few additions and the newest updates also resolve some issues with something here plus upcoming builds adding other data for readout.
(Think that was mostly related to SMART and the SSD’s readout for overall healthiness.)

Interesting.

EDIT: Ah those are both the drives and all the separate volumes isn’t it? Including possibly also the storage / hidden ones Microsoft likes to add such as during the OS install process and the newest cache it uses for updates.

Plus changes to the volume in 20H1 adding the reserve partition last instead of first so it can expand and grow instead of being fixed size but that might be irrelevant for the readout here.

Apparently I have 35 Xvd’s listed in device manager…

XBox Virtual Device for the XBox app I think and it’s drivers, strange how there’s so many of them though.

EDIT: Seems it’s something like that.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/djex2r/have_2_xvd_drives_that_appeared_in_my_device/

This is the police shows empty intro and empty main menu with .49

modules.log (16.1 КБ) SpecialK.log (26.4 КБ)

Can you reset the config (ctrl + shift at app startup)? A number of those overrides are invalid.

10/09/2020 14:33:30.627: [   DXGI   ] [!]      IDXGIFactory5::CreateSwapChainForHwnd          (09df9134h, 00080eb4h, 022ffa90h)                  -- [ Police.exe                <           RectT<int>::GetYMax>, tid=0x3554 ]
10/09/2020 14:33:30.627: [Swap Chain]  { ORIGINAL }
  +-------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
  | Resolution. |  1920x1080 @    nan Hz                                                  |
  | Format..... |  DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM                                             |
  | Buffers.... |  1                                                                      |
  | MSAA....... |  8 Samples                                                              |

8x MSAA is causing most of the problems. That’s incompatible with flip model and needs to be turned off.

I am so confused being subscribed to basically all threads, and be taken to the latest reply of this thread when I followed the link under my display picture – I didn’t even realize first that it was an actual new thread!

And on that note, woohoo, glad to see it reach “maturity” !

Curious. I did some messing with the AA settings in game, and only x2 option work. Even, if i set it to 0, SK saying it’s x2

Oh, also…

I drastically optimized SKIF :slight_smile: It was drawing much too quickly on G-Sync systems.

RTSS is not reporting correct numbers in either version of SKIF, BTW.

Framerate is high, but it’s not that high. RTSS is not capable of distinguishing multiple swapchains running in tandem from one another. CapFrameX also lacks this capability. Luckily most games do not have more than one swapchain.

By the way, I noticed that I randomly got a Steam Cloud prompt when launching SKIF through Steam just now (it’s basically how I always launch these new installs of SKIF).

Did you change something related to the Steam Cloud config of the Steam AppID, or did my Steam just glitch out and decide to sync to the cloud for some reason? O.o

No, you probably changed the injection whitelist or blacklist.

I have cloud auto-sync disabled actually, but unfortunately anyone with “developer” status for Special K has it force-enabled. I think SK’s read-only at this point, or I’d just strip all of the *.ini paths from https://steamdb.info/app/1157970/ufs/ .

The “hidecloudui” option prevents auto-sync for normal users, it’s ignored for developers.

Far Cry 4 crashes for me right before the main menu with this version .48 is fine.

Here is my crashlog crash.log (5,8 KB)

Can you provide SpecialK.log?

yes of course SpecialK.log (108,1 KB)

I think the problem should be fixed in 0.11.0.50:

My own testing suggests that texture caching needs to be disabled in Far Cry 4, but that was true in 0.11.0.48 as well, so I assume you’ve already done that.

Yeah already disabled that but it’s fixed in .50 now thx

Removed Fallout 4 and Dark Souls 3 Flip Model plug-in options, these games will
use the standard SK flip model settings now instead of requiring special config.

Does this mean the Fallout 4 can now run in HDR mode?

I wasn’t aware it couldn’t? I haven’t touched that game in a few years.

FO4 is treated like any old game now, I removed the game-specific code for it.

Fun fact, Fallout 4 is the reason that flip model overrides exist in Special K in the first place. It frame pacing was so god awful that I had to learn what flip model even was. :slight_smile:

Yeah,HDR doesn’t engage in FO4 and there are some other games like Arkham Knight that don’t really work with HDR retrofitted. See Games with broken HDR
@Kaldaien It would be much appreciated if you could revisit some of them and maybe fix their problems :thinking:

Edit: I can confirm that FO4 finally works with HDR retrofitted. Well done Kaldaien :clap: