HDR for "Rise of the Tomb Raider"?

• Use DirectX 11, as DirectX 12 just seems to result in a black screen for me.
  • Do not use Exclusive Fullscreen as Special K’s HDR retrofit only works in borderless fullscreen mode.
  1. Launch the game after having configured it as above.

2. When on the main menu, enable the Widgets → HDR Display widget in SK’s control panel.

3. The HDR Calibration widget appears in the top right corner, tick the scRGB HDR bullet and restart the game.

4. After the game have restarted you can tweak the HDR calibration using the widget in the top right corner. One of the first things you probably want is to tick the Bypass sRGB Gamma box as the game appears too dark without it. After that, just tweak to you land on something you like.

• Enable the Remaster options if you want – they’ll increase VRAM usage and possibly result in visual artifacts though from my short time in the benchmark I didn’t spot any glaring issues.

Here’s some quick settings I landed on with the benchmark which seemed to work on my 1000 nits HDR display. Yours don’t have to look like these, but use the image as a sort of guideline of how to configure the settings.

hdr

Thanks for your response. The thing is that I don´t have HDR option.

It’s in the Widgets section:

Thanks a lot. You solved my problem and also cured my eyesight. I must have been blind.

It works fine now and looks really great. It´s a pity SK does not support DX12, because it gives me like 100% fps boost in this game.

Special K typically does support DX12, though just not in this game for some weird reason :weary:

Oh well, at least you’ve got HDR :+1: