Yakuza 3 Crashes with texture caching

Title, I spent a bit yesterday trying to get SpecialK running on the game to get HDR and it kept crashing randomly when loading (also loading took a LOT longer with caching enabled). Just thought I would post about it in case any one else has this issue. I would wager the other 2 Yakuza Remastered games will have the same issue but I’ve yet to test them.

:sigh:

Same damn bug that’s existed in all Yakuza games to date. I have to now add an additional compat hack for that game too…

SpecialK64.7z (7.7 MB)

Let me know if that fixes the problem, I applied the same hacks from Yakuza Like a Dragon to Yakuza3.exe

Wow, that was quick! I’ll check in a few hours if it works, I’m in class rn.

Guessing Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 could be the same while at it then, would need testing to confirm for sure though but it should be the same engine here.

EDIT: QLOC has added a few additional options though and someone finally added a quit game setting to the regular pause menu so that’s a plus at least.

Lab42 / Studio42 the other one SEGA used (Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 ?) are working on three other projects I believe, no idea what that will be though.

EDIT: Yakuza 6 should be out in March too, might be a Yakuza6.exe profile coming up too at that point, unfortunately it seems this is destined to be a recurring issue.

That’s on the Dragon engine though but it could have similar issues or the same quirks the engine in Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 7 / Like a Dragon had.

I went ahead and just added a new pattern that should match all the Yakuza games that are going to follow and have the same bug :slight_smile:

Yakuza*.exe –

1 Like