Why I hate Steam Moderation

Control is… not really like those games at all. Imagine exploring a pseudo-realistic place where physics don’t always apply, weird stuff is amok, and where the story, lore, and characters don’t always seem “human”, and confusing events transpire.

The game is basically a really good third-person shooter that combines telekinesis superpowers with an even weirder story and setting. There’s some side quests to be done, but the meat of it is all the main story.

Luckily, there’s none of those real-life video segments that Quantum Break has – although they do utilize live action videos for some additional lore stuff and whatnot.

A really good game regardless, and easily my personal GOTY of 2019.

It also made me want to play through Remedy’s earlier titles such as Alan Wake and Quantum Break which I haven’t actually done.

Thinks of Inception

Which is probably a good thing. I did like that film.

If you aren’t sold on Control yet, it is also Metroidvania-y. Great game!

Why?

I thought I was nuts about preferring games on Steam. But I wouldn’t buy a game a second time and play it on Steam. I’m perfectly happy if Epic continues making games exclusive as long as they implement achievements.

I used to think Valve actually cared about the feature completeness of the Steam platform; they don’t and neither do I anymore. Any store with at least achievements is fine by me now.

1. I still want the game on Steam, and I see no issues in throwing more money at the game – I love it that much.
  2. The Ultimate Edition includes both story DLCs, which are priced at $15 each.
  3. The Ultimate Edition is priced at $39.99 for the complete package.
  4. I have yet to play or purchase either story DLC, so I either pick up both for $25 (season pass) or individually for $30, or I pick up the Ultimate Edition for $39.99.
  5. Not really relevant, I guess, but technically the Ultimate Edition doesn’t go live on EGS until September 10, so Steam purchases gets it two weeks earlier.

I intend to replay the whole game when it arrives on Steam, and then transition over to the story DLCs as well. I’m expecting to get some 20+ hours out from that, and so I see no issues paying the extra $10-15 for the Ultimate Edition on Steam vs. having just bought the DLCs/season pass on EGS.

The efforts around Proton and Linux is a pretty big thing isn’t it although store wise I believe EGS has caught up to some of the more important functionality like regional pricing.

There’s a big document after the ResetEra “It’s just a launcher” circle argument (Still going.) on some of the other points I’ll see if I can’t find that to see what it has.

Game wise I believe 505 also pulled the less than popular option on consoles were you need the Ultimate version to get the PS5 and X Series upgrade path for some reason of extreme vagueness.

EDIT: 505 Games as the publisher. :slight_smile:

EGS is also finalizing achievement support currently as well – not that it matters much to me.