Watch Dogs Legion / - Ubisoft's DRM practices irritate the DRM $hill -

Yeah the reflections I think I was more into performance and how it runs although visually there is that, not bad though it’s lacking some finer control over how to configure it balancing image quality and performance.
(Although to me that goes for the entire settings screen it’s all based on a group of presets without any further tuning though that’s nothing new for Dunia or Disrupt.)

Shame there’s little or no control over those internal settings as they push it up a lot but with some tuning of particular the draw distance for ray tracing it’d be possible to retain high detail less noisy up close reflection quality without the performance hit from extending it by just over 3x though using the (WIP?) console presets might be possible but they’re all closer to the low PC setting anyway so not much to be gained from doing that.

Somehow High is missing entirely too there’s PC_0 or off, PC_1 or low, PC_2 and then PC_4

Looks like a majority of the issues I encountered are also down to the save corrupting issues which the next PC patch should resolve, should see if Ubisoft got the PC patch notes up too for what 1.05 here did besides the general fixes and console specifics. :slight_smile:

Good thing it was mostly just messing around and uncovering the map no real loss of progress from starting over. :smiley:

EDIT:

+ Added sRGB Bypass Mode for SDR games that need sRGB removed for Flip Model

>> Games that used to be too dark can now use Flip Model

SpecialK64.7z (7.6 MB)

I can’t seem to get it to work, every other release of SpecialK worked for me, I switched to DX11 mode, I disabled the Ubisoft overlay and I disabled BattlEye with the launch option.

I also tried download the “normal” release of SpecialK and replacing the SpecialK64.dll from this thread.

This is my game folder content, should be everything.

Any idea?

That’d work if the game were actually looking for SpecialK64.dll for some odd reason; it’s not :wink:

Rename SpecialK64.dll to dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll or dinput8.dll… the game needs those DLLs so if it finds one in the game directory it will load it instead of the loading the system-wide version of the DLL.

Yeah it works now, unfortunately for me my FPS end up cut in half when I switch to DX11.

Weird, it’s the other way around for me. The D3D11 version works better :slight_smile:

It’s not like SK doesn’t work in D3D12 though. You just won’t be able to see the UI.

What did the patch do here then?

19 GB later…well it’s updating the texture asset for the high-res pack I assume.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2297075-Patch-Notes-TU-2-20

Manual saving (PC only though.) well that’s one way around the save corrupting issues at least.
But it seems both that and the long load times to menu have been resolved, game is kinda playable now. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Optimized CPU usage under D3D12

Sigh some of these really make it a little bit too obvious that a few more months and then ship the game should have been the decision but no new console must get all the games out immediately and the GAAS routine of get it after a year instead continues as usual.

Hah well hopefully that will improve but so far it’s really not shown much indication of doing such even if some service model games have launched in a better state than others.

EDIT:

Actually that’s a bit of a standard for even using D3D12 before all the D3D GPU stuff so yeah probably should have spent a bit more time on this. Ha ha.

EDIT: Some of these issues should really have been blockers preventing it from launching at all.

Oh we have this perma death mode but actually using it causes infinite loading times or the game crashes if the last operative actually you know, dies.

Now if they’d only get rid of this ‘CPU optimization’ when you try to debug the game :stuck_out_tongue:

The thread 0x4b0 has exited with code -559038242 (0xdeadc0de).
The thread 0x66f8 has exited with code -559038242 (0xdeadc0de).
The thread 0x6a1c has exited with code -559038242 (0xdeadc0de).
The thread 0x2d90 has exited with code -559038242 (0xdeadc0de).
The program '[0x6BC0] WatchDogsLegion.exe' has exited with code -559038242 (0xdeadc0de).

I recently removed the code from Special K that works around this stupid anti-debug measure. I thought surely they weren’t going to reuse that in the future. I was wrong.

Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla strangely has no anti-debug measures at all, and Watch Dogs: Legion inherits the anti-debug from Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey. Ubisoft is weird.

Really sucks when there are so few D3D12 games to do software compatibility testing with, and you have to deal with this crap :-\

1 Like

Yeah Ubisoft is perhaps not the best candidate for D3D12 testing, Microsft could be but they mix between Windows Store and Steam so some of the later D3D12 games are Windows Store only.

Earlier titles perhaps but then there’s Square and various outsourcing companies and what these might have for issues Shadow of the Tomb Raider and improvements over Rise of the Tomb Raider maybe.

Unsure about Capcom RE Engine seems to have it’s quirks and Monster Hunter has it’s anti other software in general routine. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it can behave nicely but it can also act up and it hits CPU usage overly hard because it scans constantly so throwing that out should be a first step to getting the game to behave if not nicely at least better. :smiley:

UE4 has it’s little issues as well engine wise and yeah that covers for a number of the more recent DirectX 12 titles I believe.

EDIT: Decima with Horizon and Death Stranding too plus Remedy and what they made with Control after the initial attempt with Quantum Break come to think of it.

Just have to get software like overlays and such to also be less bothersome going by some of the topics and recent discussions on that matter from what I can tell which is probably going to be a recurring constant.