Trails of Cold Steel 3: DumpOnFirstLoad=true makes the game unable to boot

I found a work around while working on y’s Celceta upscale

Start the game with Special K not injecting then after the game has loaded up (into the menu is fine) start global injection. It should start dumping textures in the mipmaps folder(The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel\SK_Res\inject\textures\MipmapCache\ed8.exe).

Depending on the game you might have to disable some setting to get dumps working

• Cold steel 1&2 you have to disable Transparency Supersampling
  • Y’s celceta it was disabling mipmaps

So I found a solution to have both HDR (on latest SK) and texture dumping (on SK 0.9.24) running at the same time for this specific use case with Falcom games (Trails of Cold Steel 1 2 3, YS Celceta). TLDR: Both are installed locally under the same directory of the game under d3d11.dll and d3d9.dll with two .ini files separately.

1. First configure SK latest to have HDR and widgets running normally.
  2. Rename it to something like dxgi.temp.dll. Then configure SK 0.9.24 with dumponfirstload=true, this will then dump the file.
  3. Use both at the same time with two dll files: dxgi.dll (old) and d3d11.dll (latest), then I have both running as desired.
  4. Mouse and Keyboard are pretty much messed up in games, especially after opening the SK GUI (both will show up :smiley:) But I can play with a controller without any problem.

Looks like there is no performance impact, Gsync / HDR is working as intended. The only minor problem is that HDR screenshot is taken at 81 nits :smiley: Maybe Kaldaien can give me a config or two to turn off most features in the old SK except dumping textures and this will be completely solved, for now.