Tales Of Vesperia Crash on launch with Fix / Problem with disable blur, dof and bloom

Hi

My game crash on launch since I’ve installed the Tales of Vesperia " Fix " by Kaldaien ( https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods/discussions/18/1744483505466992619/ )

Without, the game run but I would like to use this mod to disable blur and DOF

( ofc I’ve installed Visual C++ 2017, 2019, etc runtime )

I’ve talk with a moderator on your discord ( Gias )and he advised me to install the last version of special k : Discord

Since the game launch properly but disable blur, bloom and dof doesn’t work

( i’ve tried to disable in the ini too )

So, it was to signal that these features no longer work … other people have started talking about it

Thank you in advance and Thanks for all you do :ok_hand:

My game is also crashing with the latest Github fix for Tales of Vesperia. This is what I’m seeing in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: TOV_DE.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c6e6daa
Faulting module name: dxgi.dll, version: 0.10.0.1, time stamp: 0x5c567053
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005f803
Faulting process id: 0x5e84
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7afb413a48cf5
Faulting application path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition\TOV_DE.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition\dxgi.dll
Report Id: 2dff1b35-db94-4580-a256-67e9d492aafe
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

a bit of a necro here…

but i kinda ran into this thread today, so in case someone else searching online also runs into this…

i suggest installing TVFix using the TVFixReviver archive method if you want TVFix and all its features working with Tales of Vesperia. See the TVFix SK wiki page for this-

1 Like