That worked, NVCP did resolve the issue with capping at 30FPS, though toggling the menu caused some stutter still unless I toggled a few more times after, it didn’t seem completely stable.
I decided to try one last time… and realized I stupidly disabled SpecialK in SKIF for Iron Brigade and forgot about it . I see what setting is needed to make it load too know: LastKnown=8 to force DX9 detection.
And the really good news is that at least for me the frame-limiter does work! And very well at that after I adjusted “max cpu timer accuracy” or something along those lines in the overlay to a higher percentages. Left it at 60%. Didn’t realize the significance of this setting, in retrospect, I could’ve maybe also eliminated some of the rare stutter I still had in Custom Quest too if I set it more aggressively. Glad I realize it now at any rate.
Thanks for your help guys.