No HDR widget settings are showing up in the Nier Automata FAR mod

I tried removing d3d11.dll and got an error. The crash, dinput8, dxgi_budget, game_output, modules, and steam_api logs got updated. I have all the pastebin links ready but I can only post 2 links at a time. I tried to post with 2 links only and it got flagged for spam, so I can’t send them I guess. For now I have a picture of what the error message looks like. I can only post one image at a time as well, so I’ll just paraphrase what the second part says: “ERROR: Graphic::Startup() FAILED. No Graphic Memory”

error

3D Migoto is DXGI.dll

I would remove DXGI.dll, D3D11.dll and DInput8.dll then download the latest SpecialK version since it should include FAR in itself.

The .DLL I would name DXGI.dll then start the game and verify that everything works. :slight_smile:
Then add in 3D Migoto as D3D11.dll and check how that works, if it crashes you can try swapping D3D11 and DXGI .dll names.

This is from the way the files are loaded and when, I don’t have much luck with Direct Input myself although as I don’t use a controller it’s possible the file isn’t even called or when it is that’s a bit later in the chain and you’d want SpecialK applied early for it to work in full thus it’s DXGI or D3D11 when not applied globally through SKIM/SKIF at least.

EDIT: Wipe the game folder clean of injectors first and then add in the .dll files after that, also if you change SpecialK into not-DInput8 rename DInput8.ini to D3D11 or DXGI .ini to match the dll file name. :slight_smile:

If supplied with FAR as a set of defaults also rename DInput8_Default.ini to D3D11 or DXGI_Default.ini
(Keep _Default.ini or how it’s called that’s used by SpecialK.)

Yeesh, that image never stops being creepy. Don’t paste that here again :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it’s not a Giger at least, those look exactly as the author intended so in thumbnail form the human mind does it’s own little thing.
(Which I assume is something that man was very well aware of with some of the designs and art created ha ha.)

Surprising to see the Github embed actually including the avatar like that.

Suppose that also works with the SpecialK repository although I think it’s Gitlab that holds the actual more recent code by this point or third party hosting like Google docs.

EDIT: Well it should work with anything really maybe even that thing it does with the users first letter as the avatar when no actual image is specified. Should look into that come to think of it so I’m not just “Pink J” much as it’s a neat little nickname as such. :smiley:

Well it works after a clean install. The preset you made looks pretty good, is it calibrated for a HDR1000 display? I don’t want to mess with it right now because I think it looks fine. I’m gonna follow the definitive experience mod guide on Nexus and see how far I can get before it breaks with this HDR build.

Hey guys.

I have been smashing my head against the desk for 8 hours now. All the menus are bugged out and are solid black. HDR is working in the game but not the menus. Any advice? 8-bit is ON and AA is OFF.

Okay. I see the other thread. Borderless isn’t helping either.

Another issue that I am having is that the game is zoomed in when I start the mod. I have to set min and max resolution to 4K to fix.

Change your GPU scaling settings in the GPU Control Panel. I believe this is the right setup for N:A?

That only applies to fullscreen exclusive mode, which HDR’s not even compatible with.

Use OverrideRes instead. Engine is ripping itself a new one by starting at 1600x900, it needs to be forced to start at your native resolution.

Alright, thank guys. This makes sense.

Any feedback on HDR not functioning in the N:A menus? Sorry, I was discussing 2 topics.

“I have been smashing my head against the desk for 8 hours now. All the menus are bugged out and are solid black. HDR is working in the game but not the menus. Any advice? 8-bit is ON and AA is OFF.”

Yep. Looks like the case of user error.

I may have had other passes enabled along with 8-bit.

Also keep in mind this HDR technique works only in a window, not in fullscreen like we expect of HDR.

Be sure to grab the latest DLLs from Discord.

Uh, that’s backwards.

HDR is supposed to work in windowed mode, and Fullscreen mode is the hack for old engines that don’t know what they’re doing.