New HDR Calibration Procedure (SK 0.11.1 + HGIG)

Yeah, this doesn’t work with HDR even on a fresh install. The screen is all black. One of the original versions of this injected HDR that was specifically designed to work with Nier does work however. @Kaldaien

Set 8-bit remastering and turn off in-game MSAA.

you also need to set the res override in the ini and then somehow match the scaled & cropped in-game res to whatever you set.

@Kaldaien anyone able to get AC: Unity working?

I don’t own that on PC :-\

I have an Xbox One copy, which I doubt I’ll be getting HDR working in :slight_smile:

Hi. New to Sk. Installed the latest version. Trying different things out. A few questions
1 - I have my TV (QD OLED S95B) set to P3. When I enable HDR in HellBlade, I have option to choose P3 but with sk, we are not supposed to enable HDR in game and only in PC. How would I know if game is using P3?

2 - How can I view remastering options in HDR Widget? I don’t see them anywhere.

3 - Why do we have Enable Full HDR Luminance? I mean we have Peak White limiter that one can use to limit. Then we do we need an explicit check box. Wondering if I’m misunderstanding something here.
4 - My TV is 1500 nits at 10% window. Who is Peak White Luminance determined? I’m assuming its 10% window?

SK HDR is always scRGB.

Those are only available in DirectX 11.

The Peak White Luminance slider has a different max value whether Enable Full Lumimance is ticked or not.

• If it isn’t ticked, I think the max value corresponds to the highest brightness reported by the display for a full white display (100% peak brightness).

• If it is ticked the max value corresponds to the reported 10% peak brightness of the display (which is usually higher).

It’s reported by the display through EDID to Windows, which SK then reads.

Thx. I tried to find more info on scRGB but not much there but based on my understanding so far, it doesn’t cover P3. Does that mean that using scRGB, we will be loosing color details that P3 can show?

Hi guys. I tried Hell Blade with SK and loving it. I am going to compare SK HDR vs Hell Blade’s own HDR (since it has HDR option to see what’s the difference b/w the two).
Also, when I ran Sekiro with SK, it comes with black window and doesn’t show anything. Same with Rise of the tomb raider. In both cases, it comes out blank. If I disable Special K before launching (in Special K Injection FrontEnd), it loads fine and I can see the screen.

As far as I understand it, scRGB encompasses P3 as well. Compare the huge black triangle in the first image (scRGB) with the green triangle in the second image (P3).

On a lower level, Windows uses scRGB basically everywhere since it encompasses so much. Then the graphics driver takes the scRGB data and converts it into whatever colorspace the display is using.

See this Nvidia white paper for more information on the subject: https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/default/files/akamai/gameworks/hdr/UHDColorForGames.pdf

Yep makes a lot of sense. Thx for the clarification. I’m using Special K retrofit which lists all of my Steam games and allows me to Launch games and also gives me option to exclude SK should I choose to. I am using PS3 game pad and during game pressing Start + Back button brings SK menu which confirms if its running. When I exclude the game and launch, it doesn’t show SK menu when Start+Back buttons are pressed which confirms that SK indeed insn’t injected.

Now if I run the game directly from Steam, I noticed that Start+Black button doesn’t show SK menu also. Does this mean that SK is completely disbaled when game is launced outside of Retrofit?

Yes, unless you set “SKIF %COMMAND%” as the launch option of the game in Steam