Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - Uhhhhhhh

It’s an issue that have been present in Special K since 2017, so… eh… it probably won’t get a solution anytime soon.

I believe Kal might’ve investigated it one time or another as well.

No, I actually disliked that game so much I never touched it again.

You may remember, it was all sorts of controversial for its review practices. I was one of their victims, they reviewed things that sounded interesting while glossing over all the stuff that didn’t appeal in the slightest, making it sound like a completely different game.

And anyone who wanted a review copy was obligated to talk about those misleading points.

Oh? Wasn’t even aware of any of this. Played the game rather blindly (was only aware of the nemesis system) and enjoyed it, just found it short. Never cared for the middle earth lore though, not even the movies.

all this talk about my favourite game… time to download Shadow of War again and sink another 140 hrs into it oof

Yeah I remember this from way back when, but I never got the game until many years later when the GOTY was on sale for $5 after hearing from someone playing it that it was something like LotR Assassin’s Creed made by the same studio as FEAR. Ended up dumping like 60 hours into it and having a blast. Bosses sucked but like the actual free roaming was fun, even if you don’t unlock the better and more fun area until halfway into the game.

I fully blame the publisher because I highly doubt the actual dev company even heard the news, and this wouldn’t be the first time WB did something stupid, even the LEGO games have some idiocy going on because of WB management. To Lith’s credit, Shadow of War did actually fix my pacing issues with the game, even if WB’s management caused ANOTHER major issue with the game and it’s reception.

I can confirm this fixed my issue, and yes just disabling texture caching did work. I have a GTX 1060 so it’s not an AMD specific thing. TBH I don’t mind having glitchy textures I just want it to be a toggle I can use for fun instead of being on all the time. :wink: