Horizon: Zero Dawn

Does anyone have SpecialK.ini with default value? i’ve messed up the ini file.
and how to gerenate the .ini file again?

Delete it and run game again and it will make new one. The specialK file. You can undo changes as well to file and do each setting if you know what they do and how to do it.

The ini. file never get’s created in the first place for me.
I have the EGS version of the game.
I put this in the Injection Config: https://i.imgur.com/JuMRV1X.png

Do I have to use " or two \? If so, I tried both and it still doesn’t recognize it.
I tried everything in this thread but can’t get it to work.
I was using special K back in the day for Tales of Berseria and it worked wonders, any help?

Same issue here. Tried different iterations too
D:\Games\Horizon Zero Dawn\
D:\Games\

Tried moving it back to Epic Games folder
D:\Games\Epic Games\

None works. With the "" or without the “\”

I just wished that the port is decent enough for a decent experience instead of having to rely on fans to patch holes.

Thx, ive managed to create a new one

Can i use the specialK frame limiter to other game like Watch Dog 2(Uplay) ??
cuz it’s better than rtss lol, i doubted the first time and when i tried, damn this is gamechanger for me.

While installed with the OP settings at FULLSCREEN it does seem to calm the general pacing, when the UI elements like a quest update/complete/new pops up, still spikes massively

I can’t believe this actually worked!! I have 0 stutterings now, thank you very much!!

You both need two \'s

Frankly, you could just use Epic Games as the pattern without a directory separator at all, because I don’t think that’s going to clash with anything that’s not a game (i.e. Epic’s stupid launcher).

You should be able to. In fact for a D3D11 game, SK’s much more practical - you can configure the framerate limiter in-game using its control panel rather than clunky INI edits.

I technically think the launcher is usually installed below Epic Games\Launcher, but even so I don’t have any issues myself with SK appearing within it or whatever.

Oh… duh, it shouldn’t be an issue. SK ejects itself from anything that uses CEF :slight_smile:

Thanks @Kaldaien for creating and maintaining SK. I want to try it out with my steam copy of Horizon Zero Dawn(HZD) to see if it can improve some frame pacing issues, but I am incompetent and cant seem to get SK to work. After using SKIF to launch HZD , at the main menu, I press Ctrl Shift T but dont hear any achievement sound. Pressing Ctrl Shift Tab does not pause the game.

I should have started off by saying that I simply downloaded SK from the download button at the top of this site, extracted it to a folder on my desktop, and ran SKIF. I am trying to find the ini files to apply the tweaks mentioned in post #1 and post# 35 but can’t seem to find them.

Help is appreciated.

Edit: Found the config file through the SKIF Ui.

Hi there Kaldaien, i hope you’re doing very well man. So i tried the latest version of Special K on the Epic Store version of HZD and i think its framepacing has been noticeably improved compared to my experience with RTSS’s framerate limiter. Also, while this could be a placebo, i actually noticed less stutters while doing a few runs in a certain zone previously ripe with stutters and hitches.

With that said, i’m familiar with your mod and i noticed that the control panel does not work with this game. Is it because of Special K’s limited support for D3D12 games or is it just not implemented for this game?

EDIT: i’m stupid lol. Just noticed that you said that the control panel and widgets aren’t functional. Please disregard the previous paragraph of my post.

PS: please ignore the hate that you get from some misguided people in the Steam/PC gaming community. I genuinely believe you’re a positive force in the PC gaming world, and people like you and Durante should be venerated, not shunned. So, please keep up the good work!

I think you have the wrong idea about the tool. The ability to launch games is just a convenience, it’s not necessary that you launch them through SKIF to get SK working.

What is necessary, is that you start the Global Injection services. The Global Injection control panel is the first thing you will see when you start SKIF, it can also be accessed from:

Snow deformation got broken too it seems. Looks like SteamDB has a development branch at least so some patch of some kind is hopefully happening which can start resolving these issues.

Thanks for the mod, it improved the stuttering a lot, but i have 2 questions.
How to use Reshade with the epic version?
And the ini file is named dxgi.ini not specialk.ini and it’s in the game folder not in documents\my mods, is that normal?

Hey ! I have an issue, a luanch SpecialK and start service, and after all service is launch i go to “Steam Game Management” and lauch HZD from here but the ini file still N/A…

I used those settings, but I still do not hear a sound when I press ctrl shift T and the game does not pause with ctrl shift tab. Do i need to start the global injection service?

Select another game and then select HZD again… it only updates the stuff up there when you change selections.