Hooking SKIF to Mafia definitive edition

I have epic version of the game, and I’ve tried put the game’s .exe to the whitelist but nothing happens when i start the game. Is the game supported by SKIF ??

Have you tried manually installing Special K with the DLL?

Iv’e tried manually install local wrapper DLLs but still not hooked.
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Special_K

I have the same problem, I can’t get Special K to work with this game. I tried putting Specialk64.dll with the game’s executable file and renaming it to both d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll but the game always presents an error: “x.dll is not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error”. Oddly I can’t find either original file, there is a d3dcompiler_46.dll that I tried renaming Specialk64.dll to, same problem.

Its not a steam game so i loaded it in the list myself, along with a few other non steam games, when i launch Dragon Age for example it shows the menu, but when i launch Mafia DE or The Bureau it wont show

All the steam games seem to show the menu just fine

Global is enabled, im new to special k, i noticed Mafia DE was mentioned in the games list so i got it to try

1 Like

EDIT: a big issue with global injection can be that the game uses the 2k launcher. There is a command line argument to remove it

Try launching the .exe directly, \mafiadefinitiveedition.exe

Did you try local injecting into the game?

The game is 64bit dx11, so copy and rename SpecialK64.dll to dxgi.dll, and drop said dxgi.dll into your install location.

You can find said .dll at C:\Users[username]\Documents\My Mods\SpecialK

Edit: When using local injection, do not press launch via SKIF; open the game via an icon like you normally would

Report back if that works for whatever reason

1 Like

Sorry for the double post, but if this doesn’t help you; feel free to hop on our official discord for live help!

http://discord.gg/specialk

Not a lot of people visit this place nowadays.

1 Like

I did that dxgi instruction and i got this error Dropbox - mafia.png - Simplify your life

I did launch the exe directly, i also set the game settings to skip the launcher

Special K is not even loaded right now

I have the same problem. the game is added to the white list in Special K launcher, I’ve also tried installing standalone / wrapper dll, renamed SpecialK64.dll to both d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll and this just presents a Windows error (The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) when I attempt to start with the game’s executable file (bypassing the launcher). The game is not at fullscreen. I’ve tried disabling OSD / MSI AB. What could be the problem?

mafiadefinitiveedition -Derp %COMMAND%

Set this as the launch option for the game in Steam to bypass the stupid 2K Games launcher that apparently causes issues with Special K (and even the game itself, lol).

We don’t support pirated copies.