GTA 5 HDR bug makes it unplayable

I tried playing gta 5 with HDR and it looks great but there are alot of bugs, for example everytime it goes to a cutscene it goes from fullscreen to bars on the sides of the screen that wont go away even after the cutscene, then when driving its a mess, parts of the world disappear and the roads and everything are messed up and its unplayable.

I’ve never in all my years heard of any such thing. The only suggestion I have is try turning off any remastering settings.

I did, i had remaster 10bit hdr on the first time and then i tried removing it and it still happened, its a shame because it looks so much better in HDR

I know this is an older post, but I ran into what sounds like the same issue and wanted to share some info I found. For me, the cause was because I was playing on a display that supports 4096 × 2160 in addition to 3840 × 2160. I had to use a utility to remove the 4096 × 2160 resolution so that the game wouldn’t render cutscenes with black bars on either side. After doing this, I was able to use Special K for HDR with out any problems. Here is a Steam guide that goes into more detail about removing the extra resolution operation. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806615157