Game freeze if i tab out of exlusive full screen mode

The sound is still going, i could also input and have sound feedback, meaning the game is actually still running, but the graphic completely freeze. This happens everytime i Alt-tab out and back in.

Game that i’ve tried, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Horizon Zero Dawn, Final Fantasy XV etc.

Especially Rise of the Tomb Raider since it need to use HDR feature of SK, without exclusive fullscreen, the color will get distorted.

HDR isn’t compatible with fullscreen exclusive in most cases.

Generally it shouldn’t matter, SK will disable Fullscreen Exclusive in most engines. But for best compatibility, you should be switching games to windowed mode before using HDR.

Some how the HDR color gets distorted, i need to disable and enable the HDR in windows display setting to make it correct again, the distortion cames randomly, this happens when not in exclusive fullscreen mode.

By the way alt tabbing that freeze the game in exclusive fullscreen mode not only occur when HDR was applied. Are you saying that the special-k program does not work with exclusive fullscreen at all?

Thanks for your fantastic work