Final Fantasy XV - cant save with special k installed

Hi everyone. i just installed special k, and for some reason if i have the mod on i cant save neither the games autosave function work… it only happens with the mod. Any ideas? I have 29 hours in the game and it never happened… uninstalled the mod and everything went back to normal… any ideas why? I want to use Special K.

This is because %USERPROFILE%\Documents and Documents\ are two different directories on your system. The game is using the wrong method of finding your Documents directory and SK is re-directing it to the correct location (needed for cloud sync to work).

You can fix this by copying %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XV to Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XV.

Im a bit of a dummy. can you guide me step by step? I cant make it work

That was pretty much verbatim all that you need to do.

You can paste %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games into the Windows Run dialog, and then copy the FINAL FANTASY XV directory over to Documents\My Games

I did that and still i cant save when running special k

It might be related to something else… Do you happen to use Windows’ Controlled Folder Access ? It prevents some apps from writing files to user directories, and it might be blocking Special K.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046851/windows-10-allow-blocked-app-windows-security

Also, where is your Documents folder actually located? As in, beneath what parent folder? Microsoft did a thing a while back where they basically pushed a lot of users’ Documents folder over to their OneDrive folders (so somewhere like %USERPROFILE%\OneDrive\Documents) which might be the case perhaps…

My documents folder is at C:\Users\Oscar Cortés\Documents\ I have controlled folder accsess disabled

This could be a unicode problem. Try this version of Special K.

SpecialK64.7z (7.6 MB)

It works now! Thank you so much man!

Another quick question, what does the option hairclub for men do?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol thanks man. Cheers