Final Fantasy XV - cant save with special k installed

Hi everyone. i just installed special k, and for some reason if i have the mod on i cant save neither the games autosave function work… it only happens with the mod. Any ideas? I have 29 hours in the game and it never happened… uninstalled the mod and everything went back to normal… any ideas why? I want to use Special K.

This is because %USERPROFILE%\Documents and Documents\ are two different directories on your system. The game is using the wrong method of finding your Documents directory and SK is re-directing it to the correct location (needed for cloud sync to work).

You can fix this by copying %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XV to Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XV.

Im a bit of a dummy. can you guide me step by step? I cant make it work

That was pretty much verbatim all that you need to do.

You can paste %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games into the Windows Run dialog, and then copy the FINAL FANTASY XV directory over to Documents\My Games

I did that and still i cant save when running special k

It might be related to something else… Do you happen to use Windows’ Controlled Folder Access ? It prevents some apps from writing files to user directories, and it might be blocking Special K.

Also, where is your Documents folder actually located? As in, beneath what parent folder? Microsoft did a thing a while back where they basically pushed a lot of users’ Documents folder over to their OneDrive folders (so somewhere like %USERPROFILE%\OneDrive\Documents) which might be the case perhaps…

My documents folder is at C:\Users\Oscar Cortés\Documents\ I have controlled folder accsess disabled

This could be a unicode problem. Try this version of Special K.

SpecialK64.7z (7.6 MB)

It works now! Thank you so much man!

Another quick question, what does the option hairclub for men do?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol thanks man. Cheers