Dragon Quest XI crashes on launch with special K installed

I’ve been using the version for DQXI (not definitive edition) from the steam forum thread and it crashes after the initial splash screen pops up. It generates two log files that contain actual details but I’ve got no clue as to why it’s not working when it was working for me earlier in the year.

Which are the only two logs that have any information in them. I have a crash.log that is only two lines long and doesn’t have anything besides the debug symbols being loaded and a blank steam_api.log.

I’ve just tried it with the latest version through SKIF as well, it loaded into the game once, and then afterwards it prevents the game from even getting to the splash screen.