🐱🏍 Download and Install 🐱🐉Official releases of Special K (as of 8/30/20) do not support Remedy's unorthodox ... ( unstable ) ... Steamworks API usage patterns; only versions 0.11.0.46 or newer are compatible.
Special K v 0.11.0.46 is not ready for release, so a compatible test build has been provided.
Special K v 0.11.0.46 (x64) The download contains SpecialK64.dll, for Global Injection.
If you do not know what Global Injection is, or do not want it, feel free to rename the DLL to dxgi.dll and place it in the same directory as Control’s DX11 executable (… this process is referred to as Local Injection).
✨ Configuration ✨
All Settings are for D3D11 Mode
For Best Frame Pacing
Diagram shows the locations of settings, not the actual values to apply.
- Enable Framerate Limit
- Set Sleepless Render / Window :h
- Set Timing Accuracy somewhere between 50 - 100%
high values fix FMV stutter
- Users with more than 8 physical cores, cut number in ½ or ⅓
- Setup the SwapChain to use Flip Model:
Setting Value Use Flip Model Presentation Presentation Interval: 1 BackBuffer Count: 5 Max Device Latency: 6 Waitable SwapChain: Enabled 30 ms Maximum Wait Period
- AMD drivers may not like Flip Model in Fullscreen Exclusive; AMD GPU owners should manually edit
Set your framerate accordingly. I am running the game at 50 Hz.
For HDR Users
- Open the HDR widget
- Click 16-bit
- Set 10-bit Remastering ON and 8- and 11-bit OFF
- Restart game
- Set the Luminance range to max (without turning the button to allow full-range on)
- Set the Horz% Slider to 50%
- Look at an area of the scene that is in typical brightness level (e.g. not direct sunlight, not nearly pitch black)
3.1 Adjust the gamma slider until left and right sides feel “balanced”
3.2 Set Horz% back to 100%
3.3 Set both colorspace options to CIE XYZ
🤔 D3D12 is Out of Service 🤷♂️
Special K does not yet support D3D12 in this game.
It does in many others; it is not clear what is wrong, but unlikely I will be able to fix it any time soon.