1% Version - FPS locked to 60hz with G-sync/Vsync (DSR 4K on 2K monitor) - Massively Cut down

Hello

NOTE - Massively cut down version of earlier post which was way too long.

BTW - if you disagree with using DSR etc - that’s fine - but I am looking for actual advice - not just anti-DSR posts ok.

TL:DR - How do I get higher than 60hz when using G-sync/Vsync with Special K (used to play at 4K on a 1440p Monitor) ?

Skip straight to the Settings Screenshots Gallery to see how I’ve tried to do this so far.

Playing Death Stranding - Director’s Cut (Steam/PC)

I have done my best to try to figure this out by searching online - but still need help.

While I’d like the highest fps I can get - I would much rather keep the fps a little lower in order to keep higher quality visuals with no tearing etc.

Apart from the above - I’d also like to know if I should be trying some other In-Game Post Processing settings to do the above - but use some of those other settings instead of DLSS and/or instead of Special K ?

So here are the settings etc/steps as I’ve been doing - as Screenshots.

See the Settings Screenshots Gallery here https://www.imagebam.com/view/GA8984

I’m very new to anything like Special K - so I have no doubt there are cools things I don’t even know I could be trying? If you can think of anything I’m doing wrong, could change, or any thing that you might suggest might be worth also trying - go ahead!

For reference - here are my System Specs:

MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD 1440p 165hz (G-Sync)

Gigabyte 3070 Ti OC Gaming 8GB

Nvidia Driver - LATEST - Game Ready Driver 536.23

Intel 12700K (Not Overclocked)

Corsair Vengeance LPX - 32GB DDR4 3600 (4x8GB) CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18

Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro DDR4 (F6 BIOS)

Windows 11 Pro - (Up to Date - 22H2)

Please provide as much detail as you can, screenshots, links, videos whatever would be great if possible.

1. Don’t play games in FSE – we generally only recommend using borderless fullscreen.

2. Ensure you can engage 4K DSR for the Windows desktop at a higher refresh rate than 60 Hz. If you cannot, troubleshoot the issue using the Nvidia Control Panel.

3. Once you can engage it for the Windows desktop, configure it in a game using SK’s Display menu of the control panel, and check the “temporary resolution” or whatever it’s called (tells SK to auto-engage and disengage the resolution on launch/shutdown of the game).

And that should hopefully do it.