PCSX2 Emulator Comatibility List

This is a compatibility table for PCSX2 games that work with Special K feel free to edit this post to add your findings to it. Currently as of SpecialK version 0.11.0.45 texture modding does not work due to there being no textures in mod tools. However, HDR can be injected into quite a few games.

Notes: SpecialK will cause crashes in PCSX2 when swapping discs and whatnot. If you want to swap a disc you have to exit PCSX2 via task manager to prevent hanging/microfreezing of your desktop.
List is sorted alphabetically, then series then chronological. For example Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets would come after Philosopher’s/Sorcerer’s Stone and before Prisoner of Azkaban.

Game Comment
Batman Begins Low FPS in logos/movies with SpecialK injected
Fantastic Four HDR seemingly works perfectly but there are some artifacts with certain effects. Further testing required to know if it’s a SpecialK issue or a PCSX2 issue.
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer HDR works perfectly
Ghost Rider Inverted lightmaps(?) making the game have excessive black crush and only objects in mid-distance are illuminated.
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent HDR works perfectly
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban HDR works perfectly
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Game crashes at “Warner Bros. Presents” screen with HDR injected.
Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup HDR works. Game has some flickering issues unrelated to Special K
Iron Man HDR works perfectly
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames HDR works perfectly
Mortal Kombat Armageddn HDR works correctly. Game runs flawlessly.
Spider-Man: The Movie HDR works perfectly
Spider-Man 2 Game only works correctly in software mode due to limitations in PCSX2. HDR works correctly though.
Spider-Man 3 HDR appears to work perfectly however PCSX2 currently has issues with the game and results in random crashing unrelated to SpecialK.
Tekken 4 HDR works correctly. Don’t use 8-bit remastering which slows down the game a lot.
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines HDR works perfectly.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 HDR works perfectly.
Ultimate Spider-Man Game only works correctly in software mode due to limitations in PCSX2. HDR works correctly though.
4 Likes

Is that real???

Can you give some brief screenshot / tutorial please?

A quick test with latest SpecialK and PCSX2 1.7.0 dev for Dragon quest VIII and Tekken 4 is not successful. Flip model presentation is not able to be used.

That’s why it needs a compatibility list of its own tbh. Certain games have major lagging issues with Special K enabled, others have HDR bugs, some work perfectly. It’s also worth noting that while HDR works, texture modding does not. No textures get cached/appear in mod tools. It’s a shame but it is what it is.

Use D3D11 Hardware/Software mode in PCSX2, make sure to disable all speedhacks as some of them appear to conflict with SpecialK.

Special K won’t inject manually into PCSX2, you have to set it to do it globally via the whitelist.

In SpecialK, disable all renderers except for D3D11. I’m not sure if this step is necessary but it’s probably a good idea.

Spider-Man 2 (game itself is unstable in PCSX2 but HDR works with Special K injected.)

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3:

Bam! @Wastelander121 the opening post is now a “wiki” post which all users can edit. So we can basically start building a compatibility table right here in this thread by having users edit the opening post as needed.

Awesome. I didn’t know the forums could do that as well.

@Aemony is it possible to add a table so the list will look neater?

I’ve edited the post and made it into a table using Markdown. The syntax should be easy to just add a new row as necessary.

Awesome. Thank you.

hi, trying out shadow of colossus, and got this message

Also screen is black only sound with hdr enable

You can click okay and ignore that error. It happens in a few games but appears harmless. The black screen bug appears to be random. Try to delete the SpecialK.ini and try with default settings with only HDR enabled. Also make sure that PCSX2 is in windowed mode. If it’s still broken I’ll add it to the list.

I get a white screen when I launch any game (even those in the compatible list like Harry Potter 3). v1.7.0-dev-635

I can hear the game’s sounds in the background but can’t see anything except SpecialK’s cursor. All speedhacks are off and I have it on DX11.

I tried 1.6.0 but I instead crash and get a load of errors including this: 34
When I disable SpecialK, everything works fine again.

Also, since I’m only using SpecialK for the HDR feature, nothing else is enabled.

When I disable Windows 10 HDR, PCSX2 loads when SpecialK is enabled but it doesn’t inject. You’d think that would mean it was a problem with Windows 10 but when I disable SpK and have W10HDR enabled, it loads fine too. So I don’t know what’s going on.

Which version of PCSX2 were you playing on to get it to work with SpecialK?

Turn off all renderers except D3D11in the SpecialK.ini I think I last tried it on the 32bit version. Can’t remember if I tested the new 64bit one or not.