How to diagnose stuttering origin with Special_K injector telemetry?

If it were that simple tech support wouldn’t have been a business at all.

You’re experiencing a soft issue with no hard identifiers other than it’s impact on other elements involved in the process of rendering a frame. It’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack, and so everything anyone have is educated guesses — but guesses none the less.

Throwing darts at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Far cry 5 has a streaming texture issue like far cry 4. Nothing will fix it.

Batman is completely broken and i spent a lot of time of my life trying to found a solution. 60 fps are impossible, 30 maybe.

Control and horizon zero down run smooth for me using special k limiter :
Control| Gameplay 4k 60 fps. - YouTube.
Horizon Zero Dawn pc| SpecialK mod, better framepacing and without stutter - YouTube.

My specs:
I7 9700k , 16 gb, ssd evo 860 , SSD 970 EVO and nvidia 1080 ti

Windows 1909 clean of bloatware. I followed this guide:

For FarCry 5:

You should disable the analytics thread that consumes all of your CPU (it’s listed as “Bloomberg” in SK’s Thread Widget and you can suspend it).

That’s the source of stuttering on low core count CPUs. The game’s not anywhere near as CPU-limited as benchmarker sites think it is and they’re often just benchmarking that thread until they throw a CPU with 8+ cores at the game :-\

I do not expect the typical end-user to be able to find these kinds of problems in games. You have the tools at your disposal to find these performance anomalies, but understanding how engines work is something I cannot give you.

Nonetheless, threading issues are where the vast majority of game performance hiccups come from these days. I cannot make finding them any simpler, but sometimes you can do this stuff on your own.

Suspending threads is a pretty powerful tool (one that could lock your game up, so if you play with that, save your game first :P)

Rather than V-Sync off, have you used Special K’s Flip Model SwapChain override?

Control Panel probably looks a little different in the current release version of SK, but this will give you the gist. SK’s framerate limiter only goes half-way on its own, you really NEED Flip Model enabled to get the most out of it.

Increase the BackBuffer Count and Maximum Device Latency by 1 or 2 to iron out stuttering.

Here’s a pre-release version that I used in that screenshot:

SpecialK64.7z (7.6 MB)

Thank you, sir…really, K you have my utmost respect for the utility and support you give on forums!

As for me…I am screwed XD

So no telemetry won’t help to detect the issue even in terms of hardware or software problem.

All those windows tweaks, HPET on/off (in windows ofc, GIGABYTE mbs enable it by default in BIOS), MSI mode, overclocking, underclocking, using different cables, monitors, seting up custom resolutions, removing all the perephirials. I tried it all.

PC gaming on a budget is real nightmare if you ask me. I

also also I am seeing weird stuff not conected to gaming at all:

Even in browser or on desktop when moving object fast I see stuttering and usage spikes on my GPU, any thoughts?

well actually deleting Realtek Audio Driver helped a bit, less spikes on GPU, there are still stutters but not so frequent huh

(I’m assuming the issue is still not completely solved)

It’s not a budget problem, your computer is actually pretty decent. I built a Ryzen 3000g system for someone recently, with only 4gb of basic ram and it works as intended. Either you got unlucky and one of your components are faulty, or you did something that caused these stutters - installing potentially harmful software comes to mind. Maybe it’s something else entirely, as Aemony said, it would be difficult to isolate the issue, even if you tried to provide as much context as possible for us.

Anyways, these are random last guesses at what “could” be the case, at the small chance something can help rectify the issue. I’m not saying any of the below is true, i’m working with what context i have:

• Your PSU may be causing your GPU to perform incorrectly due to lack of sufficiency, or it’s low quality PSU (you didn’t state the PSU)
  • If your system was prebuilt, it probably has useless stuff pre-installed
  • Your hard drive is too slow for these games, i don’t know if you tested these games on an SSD - if this is the case, it would explain why older games have been fine for you.
  • Your hard drive is your OS drive, instead of the SSD
  • You did something to Windows settings (messing with pagefile settings, for example)

well I don’t think that after purging my all SSDs for windows reintall I have smth, as of right now I installed freshly 20H2 and removed my audio driver from 2014 I guess and the situation improved a bit, I am still searching the cause, but now K utility actually helping me, here and there there are some droped frames, but stuttering no that noticable at least and it actually reduced.

Also I disabled HPET via CMD and enabled custom timer of 0.5 seconds.

Also is there some guide on flipmodel and how to set it properly like when I want Waitable SwapChain, what number to place to actually increase pre-rendered frames for more smooth expririence?