Horizon: Zero Dawn

If you can still hit 1440p 144hz, it’s basically pointless to drop to 4:2:2. My monitor allows the option too, though it’s 4k60. I don’t know the reason for its inclusion on our monitors.

SO here is something trippy. My controller started vibrating properly in this game all of a sudden lol. Don’t know how its doing it now out of the blue.

How to make tha game run in fullscreen mode??
My ingame setting is fullscreen and i have set “fullscreen = true” in .ini file but still the game wont run in fullscreen mode. It’s give me a headache…

With the settings used it runs better than Fullscreen Exclusive. From a specific post. Run the game in borderless mode.

Unless the display in question is a TV, then it’s really anyone’s guess whether it will process the signal correctly :slight_smile: LG doesn’t handle YCbCr 4:4:4 correctly unless you give the input a PC icon in its label, which is riduclously unintuitive.

I am using HDR600 Monitor lol. I don’t have space for a tv that does proper OLED. Those are too big for my room where my pc is at. :joy:

I did ask about the 8bit verse 10 bit levels of vibrancy in this game. I switched to 8bit and game is now suddenly far more vibrant and colorful. What exactly causes that?

Edit: I am talking about HDR usage in this game. Never seen a game do that with hdr support. Or at least I don’t think I seen other games have this behavior.

Edit: OMG I had a stupid moment. When I switched to 8bit the damn HDR mode turned off. For the love of god. That’s weird b/c the game still allowed me to change HDR settings o.O

Same and my settings are for display options

Games seem like they produce HDR as intended

Thing is tho with HDR and Windows its just a mixed bag and its gonna come down to case by case scenarios. [plus each games poor implementation makes it even more of a mixed bag]

Epic plz. I don’t know how to do. Show me for example :joy:

The SKIF.exe does not open here, i have Windows 10 PRO 1909 x64 and all the visual c++ and DX installed.
It appears for some seconds on the taskbar, but no window show up. Already tried compatibility options, and no success

Sorry my english.

Am I blind or why I cannot find a download link to the tool? :smiley:

We’re doing a Steam – having the link at the top of every page:

1 Like

Thanks! :wink:

Thanks this dll make the mouse working again.
But i got a problem now, if i go too much to the right side with my mouse and click, it alt tab my game because it click on my second screen.

Any idea on how to fix that ?
Thanks

[edit] OverrideRes=1920x1080 fix my problem apparently

Borderless isn’t performing great for me and G-Sync won’t activate in borderless, so I’d prefer exclusive fullscreen.

But it seems imposible to run this game with SpecialK in exclusive fullscreen. It starts windowed and whatever I change it stays that way.

Hi,
like others I have trouble with creating the .ini file for the Epic Games version.
I tried “F:\Spiele\HorizonZeroDawn\horizonzerodawn.exe” and “F:\Spiele” (with double \, without ") in the injection config but it does not create it or I can’t find it.
Those who managed to do it, can tell me what I have to do?
THX

special k mod crashing on startup

“F:\Spiele\HorizonZeroDawn\horizonzerodawn.exe” Needs to be
“F:\Spiele\HorizonZeroDawn\”
And don’t add the exe part at end. Make sure there is extra \ in each part of those.

Make sure game is borderless mode in game setting. Not fullscreen otherwise it will crash.

Just use horizonzerodawn or HorizonZeroDawn instead. None of that other is necessary.

Hmm, G-Sync should kick in in borderless mode for this game as well as it makes use of flip model in that mode. Do you have something like the Windows 10 watermark visible on top of the game or something when it’s running in that mode? Such a think would prevent G-Sync from kicking in.

Edit: Oh, okay, weird… in my testing G-Sync fails to engage if the display is in HDR mode. Don’t know if I’ve noticed that behavior before…

Hi, I am new to Special K.
I don’t understand how to start using it, I downloaded and it recognizes HZD but I don’t see anything in game and can’t figure out the tutorial?
Thanks.