Horizon: Zero Dawn

Holy shit what a beast of a CPU :smiley:

Thanks for answer!
Huh … I don’t know why … But i had a suspicious feeling it supported AMD more than Intel… But that won’t make sense in a programing way right? Obviously not from the Hex or Bin files (cause i dont know what im seeing)

But somewhere in the whole whirlwind of research …I felt it supported AMD… I thought i was being paranoid
But then your answer made me wanna search the PS4 Specs and IT HAS AN AMD CHIP … but its GPU?
Also holy shit… devs are supporting 12 cores performance now!

There are common moments in it with my 9400F where it spikes the CPU 90%+, leading to stutters (fully created shader pipeline of course). Just standing about gives around 50%+ CPU usage, in terms of most games it’s pretty up there with CPU requirements - I’m sure even if I just had hyperthreading it would help quite a bit.

Hi all, new user here! Embarassingly enough, I have registered to ask for help installing Special K for Horizon New Dawn, as I tried 300 combinations of special k. inis, read the readmes, half this thread, and still don’t manage to make it work. It doesn’t even appear listed in the SKIF.

So I would really thank if anybody provided me a small step by step on how to install it. Some downloads even included the profiles folder with horizonnewdawn.exe folder, but not even with that I managed to get it working. The furthest I got was getting the SpealK hud to appear, and then it crashed, but maybe it was using global injection, which afaik doesnt work.

In general, it should be as simple as installing the latest test version, starting injection, and launching the game. If it’s a non-Steam copy you also need to whitelist (under Settings) the game folder.

http://sk-data.special-k.info/SpecialK-test.exe

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

It crashed after a minute in the menu but I never got that far, so I will re read everything and give it another try XD

My game crashes when I click to enable Latent Sync. I wanted to use it to play at half refresh rate VSync on my Optimus laptop. I used global injection.

Is there anything I can do?

I’ve just picked up HZD after a long backlog break. When I launch with Special K in exclusive full screen mode I can see a windows title bar at the top of the game, but if i launch without SK then it doesn’t happen.

Is there a setting i’m missing? Currently i’ve left it all default, using the global injection

I’ve just picked up HZD after a long backlog break. When I launch with Special K in exclusive full screen mode I can see a windows title bar at the top of the game, but if i launch without SK then it doesn’t happen.

Is there a setting i’m missing? Currently i’ve left it all default, using the global injection

Open SK’s control panel, then hit the Display bar on the top of the window, followed by setting it to Borderless, and then do the same but set it to Borderless Fullscreen.

Note that DX12 does not have “exclusive fullscreen” – that’s just the game lying to you.

thanks @Aemony

Where is the setting in the SK control panel?

Don’t worry - found it. I had to change the game settings to Borderless first