Horizon: Zero Dawn

I cant start the Game.
Internal Error 0x0D: interface not found: SteamClient022!

You’re going to have to pirate the Epic version instead.

My SKIF is not creating a ‘My Mods’ directory.

SKIF does not create that, Special K does when you launch a Steam game.

We’ll it’s non-steam, so to be more specific: I’ve followed the instructions in this thread for adding the injection for non-steam games, launched the game and it has not created the ‘my mods’ directory.

How did you follow those directions? In fact, where are those directions in the first place? I never wrote any.

The injection whitelist config is stored in Documents\My Mods\SpecialK\Global\whitelist.ini, you could not have edited that file without that directory existing.

What do you mean?

Open the config file of Special k (dxgi.ini in the game folder, I assume), and locate [Steam.Log] and change Silent=false to Silent=true

This will prevent all Steam enhancements of Special K and should allow the controller to work again.

That error is from a Steam emulator, which is used to pirate the game. Actual Steam doesn’t generate those error messages.

Thanks once again Kaldaien. Rock Solid frametimes on my old PoS 2500k. I wish they would have capped the cutscenes at 30 if they were going to put in this half-assed effort unlocking them.

I was referring to the advice in this thread, also the instructions on the injection tab. At any rate that directory didn’t exist, probably why the setting wasn’t persisting. I just ran a random steam game to get it created. Even still, it’s not creating anything for HZD.

My directory: G:\Games\Horizon Zero Dawn
The injection pattern I tried:
Horizon Zero Dawn

Is there something else I need to also do?

The GPU and CPU graphs are showing what can be done. But if you look at the avg fps it should be locked at the one you are using. Game does still stutter a bit but this helps lessen it. I can’t even get the game to do solid line lol. Only time that happened when I set max FPS cap to my monitors Refresh rate I am using. But that was a weird thing to happen. Usually when you cap fps it causes the line to straighten out. The whole fps in CPU and GPU sections are never capped during benchmark and shows what your hardware can achieve.

Are you running the skif.exe ? Just out of curiosity the only reason Configs don’t get made in specific documents or game location is b/c its not injected into game. You have to run skif program and click start service.

You want to Create My Mods Folder in your documents folder. then create a SpecialK folder inside that. And inside that folder you extract everything from the Download.

If you are running it then it should’ve made ini file inside my mods/specialK/profiles/Horizon Zero Dawn folder.

I am running skif, the service was running.

If you are running it then it should’ve made ini file inside my mods/specialK/profiles/Horizon Zero Dawn folder.

Screenshot_1763

In that ini file is where you put all the stuff you need to make it work in Horizon Zero Dawn. Make sure game itself is running borderless mode.

the OSD doesn’t work in DX12 games. So all changes have to be done manually to the actual ini file.

Can you verify that \Documents\My Mods\SpecialK\Global\whitelist.ini actually exists and includes Horizon Zero Dawn on its own line?

Edit: Also be sure to stop/start the global injection after having modified that file.

Global Injection into non-Steam games has no way of getting a human readable name for the game.

Your game profile directory will be Documents\My Mods\SpecialK\Profiles\HorizonZeroDawn.exe\

Restarting is not needed, since 0.11.0.30 or so, whitelist.ini and blacklist.ini are watched for changes and the injection service reloads them any time they are changed.

Whitelist exists, it has the entries. No profile for HZD was made. I’ve restarted injection every time. https://i.imgur.com/1sML2EG.png https://i.imgur.com/yBLX98n.png

I’ll just accept that this thing doesn’t like HZD. I tried another game (stardew) and it injected (though it also crashed).

Thanks for clarifying this, I was wondering because I also capped max FPS to my monitor (144hz) and no matter what I tried, my FPS graph lines were NEVER as straight as that image you posted above, so I am still wondering why that happened; I tried EVERYTHING (Full screen, borderless, vsyncs on/off every place possible…everything).
But the graph is just all over the place.
Moreover, the funny thing is that the higher I put FPS cap (say I use SK’s macros 36 - 48 - 72 - 144 and run a benchmark on each), the line actually gets flatter when I run the 144 cap bench, and CPU GPU highs are actually lower. Here is an image of what I mean:
https://imgur.com/a/JIvvZzF
Maybe Kaldaien would know why.
It seems the lines “flattenning” is just a result of the 144fps cap high being lower (82)…so that’s the weird part.

The game’s benchmark is completely useless. It is streaming assets constantly at a rate that is no way similar to actual gameplay. The only thing it’s doing is basically measuring your hardware’s performance; useful if you’re a review site comparing hardware, useless if you have a game you want to play and you’re trying to reduce stutter.

If you want a repeatable test that’s more inline with actual gameplay, you might want to use one of the game’s cutscenes.

1 Like