Horizon: Zero Dawn

will do later this day
also tried to use the upload button but it says “new members cant upload files” so i used Gdrive

will post the logs and try your suggestion in a few hours
thanks

@edit
here is the logs with the ini, did as you suggested , blacklisted the crashpad_handler
sorry for using gdrive still cannot use the attachment system
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vyS87K8CirllgdnQC9soh51f1putwyPk/view?usp=sharing

I don’t see anything immediately wrong, though RTSS is definitely still running going by those logs. Moreover, it thinks the game is D3D10 :slight_smile: Perhaps your version of RTSS is from the bronze age?

well updated RTSS and disable it and it launched the game with SK, but i cant see any metrics to see difference and for the “feel” want to believe it runs a bit better but i think is placebo, any tool you recomend to see metrics ?

anyways, Thank you so much for the help and pointing me in the right direction
Kudos and regards

Well… if it’s metrics you want. CapFrameX? :slight_smile:

That’s effectively military strength performance analysis.

https://imgur.com/a/CVZww3Z

I did rudimentary testing using the in-game benchmark myself. The results were pretty much as expected, since the framerate limiter in SK outperforms all others in D3D11 – it does in D3D12 now too :stuck_out_tongue:

will try capframeX and post results later but as fasr as i played the game still runs “bad”

i think the main problem is the occlusion culling, when i reach a new grid in the map ( like fallout games cells to load ) and start to load and i try to move the camera left or right with the mouse the in game camera doesn’t move till the sides of the area are loaded or that’s my guess, after the area is loaded the game works normal and i can turn just fine the camera

well, that all, wont gonna steal anymore of your time, thank you for the big help!

For some reason it sometimes does not inject properly and I have to try again and again.

What logs do you need? (sadly I cannot upload since I am a “new user”) I already shut down RTSS but it did not change the behavior.

also for some reason the game minimizes itself on startup when using SKIF. Thats not a big deal but maybe thats related somehow.

The game performs a lot better at fullscreen, makes no sense for me and it is annoying. I cant inject SpecialK and make it work proper at fullscreen, it adds a border to the window.

Tip for nVidia Users: Force AF 16x in control panel, and delete the shader compilation cache. This will fix AF and will not have that weird textures behaviors in game.

rant that pre-shader compilation has all the makings of a lazy port. I know all games need to compile shaders on you machine, never seen one doing all at once like this (except CEMU, a emulator).

Try these settings:

[API.Hook]
LastKnown=64
d3d11=false
d3d12=true
d3d9=false
d3d9ex=false
OpenGL=false
Vulkan=false

[Window.System]
Borderless=true
Center=true
RenderInBackground=true
Fullscreen=true
OverrideRes=3840x2160

[Render.FrameRate]
TargetFPS=50.0
SleeplessRenderThread=true
SleeplessWindowThread=true
PreRenderLimit=3
BackBufferCount=2
PresentationInterval=-1

[SpecialK.System]
EnableCEGUI=false
ShowEULA=false

[Display.Output]
ForceWindowed=true

[Render.DXGI]
UseFlipDiscard=true
AllowTearingInDWM=true
SwapChainWait=10

Adjust your TargetFPS accordingly, as well as OverrideRes.

I have been using these in Borderless mode and the results are quite favorable.

4 Likes

made this changes and now instead of simply not injecting, the game crashes. I dont rly see why this happens. or why it worked yesterday and now it suddenly does not anymore :confused:

EDIT: turns out “Vulkan=true” makes it not crash anymore but still not inject.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14XhjofACXfekVWYDm5hV3TPwnMfay8_o/view?usp=sharing

EDIT2: i just noticed i could scroll in the settings you recommended :man_facepalming:. making all of these changes seems to work, but it crashes everytime I tab out of the game :frowning:

:astonished: That really fixed fluctuations I had been trying to get rid of. I have been only running in fullscreen mode since that’s the mode people say this game run best at.

Now in borderless, game frametime is like straight flat line during HZD benchmark.

1 Like

The games own framerate limiter and resulting frame pacing seem to work best with full-screen, SpecialK or Rivatuner likely works better overall and you get additional advantages in borderless mode together with what SpecialK can utilize through DXGI at least even if D3D12 doesn’t have too many expanded options yet if that’s even possible under this API. (Or Vulkan at some point?)

1 Like

Yeah, I know frame pacing black magic :wink:

If this were a D3D11 game, I would have a few additional tweaks to make that graph even flatter.

I think the waitable swapchain (SwapChainWait=… in the INI file) alone is adequate. Additional improvements would just be showing off – this level of frame pacing is already indistinguishable form perfect :stuck_out_tongue:

Thx! Works like intended :slight_smile:

This is only for the purchased game? didn’t buy this game. Torrent version.

Provided it’s not the Steam version that you pirated, it should work fine.

Its steam version :pensive: :pensive:Then i shoud download Epic version for its working?

I have a simple question, which also might be dumb but I just want to make sure.

With the control panel and such not working right now, how would I be able to see if SpecialK is actually running correctly? Whenever I use the macros nothing seems to change so I’m mostly just trying to figure out if it’s working fine thanks to SpecialK or if it’s not running with it at all.

Thanks in advance.

Hello. I need help.

1. Steam is not launched. None steam version of the game. Can’t get SpecialK menu to show up. When i press ctrl+shift+bcksp the game’s menu becomes unresponsive, so something happens, but SK menu doesn’t show up as if it was transparent.

2. Mouselook doesn’t work in game. Mouse works in general in menus, but doesn’t work in gameplay for camera movement.

3. Is there a way to make Reshade/Freestyle work with SK? Because i can’t use my R. because of dxgi.dll, and Freestyle stops working if i hook SK.

4. It seems SK is able to mitigate stuttering somewhat, which i find slightly strange as i assumed stutters in HZD mostly i/o related, yet they become less pronounced with SK with latest settings provided by K. in this topic.

Log: 08/09/2020 12:48:58.715: SpecialK.log created (Special K 0.11.0.45, Jun 23 20 - Pastebin.com

Tnx for the help!

PS.

Make sure your ingame display settings r set to Borderless as well. If it’s Fullscreen it’s gonna crash on alt-tab.

Will this work with G-Sync enabled? I see that the mod is about limiting the fps to flatten frametime graph but I’m not sure how it will work with G-Sync. Is it possible to leave the fps unlimited and have better frametimes?

Assuming you are using the Steam version, you can press Ctrl + Shift + T and listen for an achievement unlock sound. Additionally, Special K’s command console can be opened using Ctrl + Shift + Tab (you cannot see what you are typing, but it actually works :stuck_out_tongue:), and it will pause the Steam version of the game until you close the command console.

Otherwise, you’re going to need a framerate counter. All the special attention goes to Steam.