Feedback on Initial Patreon Setup

To be quite honest, Paypal, Stripe, And Patreon all engange in the extreme behaviors i just mentoined, And it has resulted in people nearly dying, or going down a bad path, due to them cutting Funding off for opposing Views, BUT, i understand that it is the best option to coverage, Most use patreon and steam, Cutting off one major Platform Acessability in regards to information is a big hit, Or at least i would asume so, Therefore i donated to your patreon anyway, You deserve to be getting money for the insane quality of what you and others produce, Let alone spending money on hosting costs ;/

1 Like

Is this too much garbage on the box art for Special K? Should that be buried away in a menu somewhere?

This list will be fetched from my Content Distribution Network every time SKIF checks for updates (every 12h by default). You do not have to continue as a patron to make this list and stay on it, just FYI.

Most of the time users have the list of Patreons at a place akin to credits/eula/TOS/licenses, etc, so if you have any place where you intend to display any necessary third-party licenses you could have the list of Patreons on top of that.

You were not kidding, English is not your first language :wink: I don’t know where to cut off your quote because that’s a single sentence.

I realize that these donation / subscription services for creators are not ideal, but … if I were to do something similar using the Steam store, Valve would take 30% of each donation. When compared to Valve taking a cut on donations, this is a million times easier to deal with.

The only people who have those things on screen long enough to read are pirates, so sayeth the god of Internet misinformation Reddit :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps use the dead space under the service button instead to insert the credits list? image
I don’t know if the saying “dead space” applies to graphic design. If you hear me use it a lot, it’s the saying we use for visually empty spaces when setting up shots and decorating locations in the movie world.

I tried that, it just felt weird.

I’m not sure what I’m going to put there eventually, but that’s probably not it :slight_smile: Probably some kind of version control system for auto/manual updates/rollback, release notes and other stuff.

One sec lemme try an idea, i’ll message it to you.